Where is GOK74? Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » General Discussion » Threads to 2015 » Where is GOK74? « Previous Next »

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Carl Jones (202.138.192.245)
Posted on Sunday, 09 June, 2002 - 20:09:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hello,

Firstly, I really enjoyed the discussion encouraging membership. I have just requested a membership form and hope at the age of 35 I may be able to contribute something to the club in years to come.

The reason for this message is to try and track down a 1927 20 HP. The car appears on page 163 of "The Sunburned Country." The chassis number is GOK-74 and the engine number is G-1619. The last known regsitration was in Victria on RR-737.

This was my father's first car which he purchased in 1957. I would very much like to see if it is possible to show my father the car again. Does anyone know it's whereabouts and if so, whether the owner would be receptive to a visit from a prior owner?

Any information most appreciated,

Regards,

Carl Jones.

Richard Treacy (195.232.90.66)
Posted on Monday, 10 June, 2002 - 17:08:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

The 1999 RROC register lists the owners of GOK74 as [names removed by moderator] in Victoria. It is listed as a 1926 20HP with a Roger Fry Skiff body. E-Mail me if you need contact numbers etc as I don't wish to post them publically.

RT.

George Forbes (203.51.138.92)
Posted on Sunday, 01 September, 2002 - 11:17:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Dear Carl,

I acquired 20hp GOK 74 from your father Dr Frank Jones in 1964, through his father, as Frank was undertaking post graduate studies in the U.K.

You are more than welcome to have a look and a run in the car.

Best wishes,

George Forbes