Service/Repair costs Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » General Discussion » Threads to 2015 » Service/Repair costs « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

John Dare
Frequent User
Username: jgdare

Post Number: 15
Posted on Monday, 27 December, 2004 - 12:35:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Ask not what your R-R/B "costs" to maintain, for I have read a report (unconfirmed) suggesting that should you need to replace the wiper motor in a DB9, you first must remove the engine. Still, I guess that wouldnt necessarily worry Rowan Atkinson,Hugh Grant or George Clooney whom I believe was also a recent purchaser.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Roy M Tilley
Unregistered guest
Posted From: 222.152.144.211
Posted on Thursday, 30 December, 2004 - 20:28:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I don't know about Aston Martins but I can confirm that to replace the wiper wheel box on my 72 Shadow SRH12991 you have to take out the whole of the instrument panel and if you believe TSD2476 you also have to take out the heater matrix and the aircon evaporator. I did take out the heater matrix, actually not necessary for access to the wiper track, but as the heater was found to be leaking, it was fortuitous that I did so, and it is now water tight. Removal of the aircon amtrix is not necessary if you undo the air ducts that supply the eyeball vents. But this requires the patience of Job and the manual dexterity of a concert pianist and a surgeon combined. (I am neither so it took ages).
regards.
Roy Tilley
NZRR&BC