A Friend in need. Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » General Discussion » Threads to 2015 » A Friend in need. « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Robert Wort
Grand Master
Username: robert_wort

Post Number: 244
Posted on Saturday, 10 September, 2005 - 00:13:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Some of you no doubt know Robin Hickman and he has asked me if I could shed some light on an Interior Mirror Glass (Part No. UB17926) He asks "Would you please be able to identify what models this item suits - maybe Clouds and early Shadows?
The mirror glass is thin and flat, and hence I don't believe it suits a 'dipping' type mirror, where the glass is normally 'prismatic', being much thicker on one side than the other." end of quote.

Would anyone be able to help here as there is no sign of it in either the Shadow or Spirit parts catalogues.

Cheers,
Rob

John Shostrom
Experienced User
Username: silvawraith2

Post Number: 20
Posted on Saturday, 10 September, 2005 - 02:29:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi Robert,
I don't profess to know much about the part you are referring to, but I do know that over the production run, Shadows had at least three or four different types of interior mirrors. I have indeed seen thin, flat ones on very early Shadows. I am curious to discover what this turns out to be.
Kind regards,
John Shostrom
Hong Kong

Mark Herbstreit
New User
Username: mark_herbstreit

Post Number: 7
Posted on Saturday, 10 September, 2005 - 19:55:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Seek and ye shall find! It was on the parts CD Robert, but then my eyes are younger than yours!
spares1spares

Robert Wort
Grand Master
Username: robert_wort

Post Number: 245
Posted on Saturday, 10 September, 2005 - 22:46:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Cheeky bugger! But probably true.
Many thanks Mark.

Rob