Silver Spur doors under rear seats Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » General Discussion » Silver Spur doors under rear seats « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Daryl White
Yet to post message
Username: 1of45

Post Number: 1
Posted on Monday, 14 November, 2022 - 15:57:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi all, I’m now a novice RR owner and I can’t figure out what the two,four compartment doors are for, that are under my rear seats.
This forum has already answered many of my questions and I thank all the posters for there knowledge and advice.
Thanks Daryl

Alan Dibley
Frequent User
Username: alsdibley

Post Number: 362
Posted on Monday, 14 November, 2022 - 19:22:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Tape cassette storage? Were they invented then?

Alan D.

David Gore
Username: david_gore

Post Number: 4150
Posted on Tuesday, 15 November, 2022 - 06:28:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi Alan.

The cassette tape was invented by Philips in 1963 and became popular in the 1970's where it later competed with the 8 track stereo cartridge invented by Bill Lear and quickly won the battle for market share by the 1980's.

The Silver Spur arrived in 1980 by which time the cassette tape was ubiquitous and the 8 track cartrige was no more. I ordered my 1971 Falcon 351CID manual with an 8 track player and found the cartridges disappeared in the mass market several years later having been "killed" by the cassette tape technology.

Daryl White
New User
Username: 1of45

Post Number: 2
Posted on Tuesday, 15 November, 2022 - 09:15:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Thanks for your replies, there is a radio-tape control panel, Air conditioning and glass divider switch in the middle of the two front seats that faces the rear. There’s no place to insert a tape except for the radio unit in the dash. I doubt that rear passenger would be expected to lower the glass division to ask the driver to insert a tape Maybe I’m missing a rear cassette tape player? But there’s no obvious location for where it would go, middle pick is a similar car.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Please quote Chassis Numbers for all vehicles mentioned.
Password:
E-mail:
Action: