Fleabay - Good and Bad Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » General Discussion » Fleabay - Good and Bad « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Michael Carr
Experienced User
Username: carsie

Post Number: 74
Posted on Wednesday, 18 November, 2020 - 23:23:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I’ve been a user of Fleabay for a number of years and had mixed results, but I thought I’d share my latest purchase.

Before you think that I’m obviously looking to elicit copious, green envy, responses I have to counter my success (darn! given the game away!) with the fact that I also got stung by a RR breaker who supplied me with x2 replacement brake discs that I wouldn’t put on a Ford Cortina never mind my RR. Scrap heap visit ensued.

Now I do appreciate that you can’t have new for secondhand money but there is a point of moral decency isn’t there?

Back to good news..

I found my purchase because the seller had incorrectly spelt Roll Royce and thus it didn’t show up in the search bar (how’s that for generosity? I’m giving my secrets away)

Result – One Toolkit as per picture £50 +pp

Having initially congratulated myself, I did subsequently reflect and wonder how the kit was obtained in the first instance. Mmmm...

Stay Safe, not long now

Toolkit 1

Toolkit 2

Larry Kavanagh
Frequent User
Username: shadow_11

Post Number: 710
Posted on Thursday, 19 November, 2020 - 03:28:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

You got yourself a bargain this time.

Brian Vogel
Grand Master
Username: guyslp

Post Number: 3117
Posted on Thursday, 19 November, 2020 - 05:20:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Congrats.

One of the oldest tricks in the book as far as both eBay and Craigslist go is looking for misspelled listings, and the variants for a given brand are usually pretty easy to figure out.

My partner is a huge eBayer as far a purchasing goes, and he's found many, many bargains by looking for "close, but no cigar" spellings.

Brian

Michael Carr
Experienced User
Username: carsie

Post Number: 75
Posted on Friday, 20 November, 2020 - 03:06:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Quick update - I've just had a message from the seller, apparently he has some SS1 parts as well that his friend used to own he, just hasn't listed them yet. Sounds genuine.

Trevor Hodgekinson
Frequent User
Username: wm20

Post Number: 207
Posted on Sunday, 22 November, 2020 - 08:25:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

The important thing is leaving good feed back for the tool kit and negative feedback for the brake discs
I have now left so much negative feed back that several sellers have banned me
Which in the long run is good because I would not trust any thing from them ever again.
But the important thing is alerting others that they can not be trusted
And selling parts that are worn beyond their recommended wear limit without telling you that is fraud.
I also regularly claim back from Pay pal listing product was not as described .

felipe heuser
Experienced User
Username: felipe

Post Number: 125
Posted on Monday, 23 November, 2020 - 07:36:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Over the years have found many hard to find original parts or accessories on EBay…(as a purist replace any non-factory or missing parts) and so far never been disappointed…
Always common practice to ask many questions to obtain authenticity of a seller…and found most dealing with vintage items are old school and reliable…

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Please quote Chassis Numbers for all vehicles mentioned.
Password:
E-mail:
Action: