Car show entries = 1. Wins = 1. Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » General Discussion » Car show entries = 1. Wins = 1. « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Glen Poolen
Frequent User
Username: wgipps

Post Number: 206
Posted on Wednesday, 20 November, 2019 - 13:45:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Took SRH17903 to a charity cancer fundraiser in Rockbank Victoria (AUS) Sunday 17 Nov.
Lots of hotties, originals, modern exotics, ratrods, GT Falcons, SS Kingswoods, the lot. Well over 50 cars all raising money for a good cause.
It was a 1.5 hour drive to get there so it was a good run and weather was ok. Came away with 1st placed British car for the day.
Im not sure who i was up against but I maintain I beat 2 brand new McLarens that were there as well.

David Gore
Username: david_gore

Post Number: 3515
Posted on Wednesday, 20 November, 2019 - 16:31:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Glen,

Congratulations and thanks for "flying the flag" for RRMC vehicles.

There is hope for the younger generation coming forward to gain an appreciation of the engineering and manufacturing skills that evolved and now contribute to the cars we drive today.

richard george yeaman
Prolific User
Username: richyrich

Post Number: 1130
Posted on Wednesday, 20 November, 2019 - 18:30:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Well done Glen, lovely car.

Richard.

Tony Mitchell
Yet to post message
Username: tony_mitchell

Post Number: 1
Posted on Wednesday, 20 November, 2019 - 21:02:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Any further pics of your vehicle, Glen?

Graham Phillips
Experienced User
Username: playtime

Post Number: 170
Posted on Thursday, 21 November, 2019 - 15:08:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

G'day everyone,....

WOW!

Great job,....

I didn't know about the event, I could have made it had I known.

Maybe we will meet at another show down the track.

And yeah,... MORE pics!

;)

Graham.

Patrick Ryan
Grand Master
Username: patrick_r

Post Number: 2193
Posted on Thursday, 21 November, 2019 - 18:59:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Congratulations mate, well done.
Your car looks fantastic.

Yes please
More pics.

Randy Roberson
Frequent User
Username: wascator

Post Number: 834
Posted on Wednesday, 27 November, 2019 - 01:18:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Beauty; is that Seychelles blue?

Glen Poolen
Frequent User

Post Number: 207
Posted on Wednesday, 27 November, 2019 - 05:06:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Yes it is Randy. ill put up some more photos shortly

Glen Poolen
Frequent User

Post Number: 208
Posted on Wednesday, 27 November, 2019 - 13:15:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Some interior shots. Still a few things to tidy up but im pretty happy with it at the moment.

Ill get some body shots tomorrow.

I apologise for the manner in which this forum has presented the pictures. I suggested some time ago that the technology, look and feel needs to be bought into the 21st century but my suggestion was declined.

Moderator Advice: Have rotated and reposted the images below:

David Gore

Post Number: 3523
Posted on Wednesday, 27 November, 2019 - 17:26:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Images for Glen's post above:

David Gore

Post Number: 3521
Posted on Wednesday, 27 November, 2019 - 17:00:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Glen,

As you would know, we are unable to do anything with upgrading the forum software as the archives of this forum contain irreplaceable items which cannot be accessed by newer software regularly tested by the Administrator.

Images in wrong orientation need to be rotated and resized if necessary in any image processing software before posting in threads.

For those who do not have the software and/or experience to do this, I am only too happy to do this on their behalf if they email the images to me and I can insert them into the text of their post after processing. Just message me through the forum and I will send an email address for sending the images to me.

I have downloaded the above images, rotated as necessary and reposted appropriately. The whole process has taken less than 5 minutes to do so no inconvenience for me whatsoever.

Alan Dibley
Frequent User
Username: alsdibley

Post Number: 218
Posted on Wednesday, 27 November, 2019 - 18:41:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Re changing the software base: I am a user of two other forums which have recently been switched from one software base to another. The hassle as described by the people doing it is beyond the comprehension of most people (certainly me). They are simple forums (fora) with technical chat, questions and news, not the all-encompassing range of topics and information sources attached to this lot. Much of the "stuff" could not practically be transferred, so was dumped - not because of a lack of expertise, but because software and data formats have changed over the 20+ year life of the forums. Thank you, David G. (and others) for looking after this corner of the RR/B fans world.

Alan D.

Trevor Hodgekinson
Experienced User
Username: wm20

Post Number: 115
Posted on Wednesday, 27 November, 2019 - 21:16:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

We had set up a couple of Yahoo groups which worked really well
Then they changed the servers so you had to download images rather than view them on screen so we bought a web address & set up our own site
Now , when storage is the cheapest it has ever been Yahoo is shooting itself in the foot by no longer hosting files.
I some times wonder who is in charge of these businesses.

Way back in the Geo Cities time we lost hundreds of files when GeoCities closed down so the lesson was learned .
If it is valuable then make a copy & keep it safe.

Something that CEO's with no understanding of what "Cloud Computing" really is seem unable to understand.

And yes thank you to the team. Before finding this site we spent hundreds trying to get copies of the information that is mostly available here

Glen Poolen
Frequent User

Post Number: 209
Posted on Wednesday, 27 November, 2019 - 21:25:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Thanks David and the RR Forums team.
I dont want to sound ungreatful - im just having a bitch.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Please quote Chassis Numbers for all vehicles mentioned.
Password:
E-mail:
Action: