Hyperion Parts South Carolina - Warning Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » General Discussion » Threads to 2015 » Hyperion Parts South Carolina - Warning « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Jeff Jones
Experienced User
Username: jeffoir

Post Number: 30
Posted on Wednesday, 01 October, 2008 - 07:46:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

A warning to Cloud owners. We purchased USD 695.00 worth of parts for our Clouds off eBay from Hyperion Parts who are located in South Carolina, USA. Initially they were good to deal with however once payment was made all correspondance stopped!! Needless to say the parts never arrived. So far I have only been able to recover USD 300.00 from eBay.

I would just like to warn other owners who may come across this company to avoid dealing with them if my experience is anything to go by.

Kind regards.

Jeffrey McCarthy
Frequent User
Username: jefmac2003

Post Number: 73
Posted on Wednesday, 01 October, 2008 - 19:18:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi Jeff,

I am having a somewhat similar experience with them, though not quite as bad. In my case a wrong part sent after a long delay and no response when I returned it. I was persisent with the emails and eventually got a response from another employee who said he was 'working on it'. It has now been an annoying 6 months altogether!

I plan on telephoning them tonight or tomorrow to sort it out if I can. I'll keep you posted on developments.

Have you tried this ? It may be just that they are disorganised or understaffed or indifferent to customers who can't just drive on down there and 'front' them. Their details are below if you need them.

I had a similar experience with a US electronics company and ended up bombarding all their advertising sites with bad press, making phone calls, leaving ascerbic comments on the company boss' on-line resume - I think this one did the trick - I had my money back within hours !

In short: if polite firmness doesn't work - be a pest and hit 'em where it hurts !

Hyperion Parts
One Lawton Street,
PO Box 430,
Iva, SC,
U.S.A,
Tel: 864-348-7801
Fax: 864-348-7802
Email: hyperionparts@earthlink.net

Cheers,

Jeff

Bill Payne
New User
Username: wimpy

Post Number: 10
Posted on Wednesday, 01 October, 2008 - 22:54:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Live about 2 hours away from Hyperion and decided I could visit and actually drive away with the parts I needed. Visited, the owner(seemed to be a nice fellow)gave me a personal tour of the facility (housed in an abandoned textile mill) about 40 minutes from I-85. This is the satellite view of the bldg, it looks a lot better from space than the ground, they use the lower part near the cooling pond: http://maps.google.com/maps?q=IVA,+SC&ie=UTF8&oe=utf-8&client=firefox-a&ll=34.310157,-82.662007&spn=0.002787,0.004302&t=h&z=18 My visit proved to be fruitless. Yes he had several of the parts I needed, No, he couldn't sell them to me then but I could send him a list via email and he would give me prices (which he had already done) and then ship. Believe there was a similar thread to yours on the RROC.org forum, which was why I went as opposed to sending my hard-earned cash.

If Ebay pulled his listing, you might have a chance, otherwise, he will take his own good time and may or may not eventually accommodate you with your order.

If you had done a credit card, you might have some recourse, but there is a time limit for action.

Good Luck!

Richard Treacy
Grand Master
Username: richard_treacy

Post Number: 1464
Posted on Thursday, 02 October, 2008 - 11:02:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

[quote]
[unquote]

It was on that forum for half an hour, until
the moderator removed the thread for obvious
reasons..............

Jeffrey McCarthy
Frequent User

Post Number: 74
Posted on Thursday, 02 October, 2008 - 12:36:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Do tell Richard ... some of us will imagine terrible things if you don't :-)
Jeff (who is still trying to contact them by 'phone)

John Budden
New User
Username: johnb

Post Number: 10
Posted on Thursday, 02 October, 2008 - 14:21:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I had similar bad experiences.
Goods never arrived and ebay is a pain to claim back even with Paypal- over three months and no response

Richard Treacy
Grand Master
Username: richard_treacy

Post Number: 1465
Posted on Thursday, 02 October, 2008 - 19:39:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

[quote]
by 'phone)

It was on the RRBEW forum for about half an
hour today too, until the administrators
removed the thread. They believe it seems, and I
do agree, that spreading bad information about
people or companies here publically taints the
sites, and can only lead to trouble for a
start. I'll let you guess the damage it could
do. There are other ways to warn people and
also to fix such problems without jeopardising
the viability of our sites and alienating the
few valuable suppliers out there.

RT.

Jeff Jones
Experienced User

Post Number: 31
Posted on Thursday, 02 October, 2008 - 21:21:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

In retrospect I guess my thread does break the rule on the RROC forum of "not upsetting anyone", and I certainly don't wish discredit the website in any way whatsoever, but I feel other owners need to be warned about the dishonest practices of this particular business.

I haven't had any problems with any of the other parts suppliers around the world that I have used, and I have purchased over NZ$25000 worth of parts for my two Clouds over the last two years. I don't want the dodgy dealings of this business to reflect badly on any other parts supplier.

My objective is simply to prevent others losing money as I have. It is now obvious that my experience is far from an isolated case!!

Regards,
Jeff

Jeffrey McCarthy
Frequent User

Post Number: 75
Posted on Thursday, 02 October, 2008 - 21:31:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I agree Richard that we should do everything to avoid anything that may risk the integrity and friendliness of the sites (especially this one which is both international and gratis)or for that matter upset anybody.

And for this reason we should perhaps voluntarily stop this thread to save the administrators any grief.

I invite people to contact me privately to see if perhaps we can't come up with a collective solution to our missing cash.

The operative words though are 'valuable' and perhaps more importantly 'suppliers'...in this case not.

I hope this is an acceptable way forward for an obviously very angry bunch of people ?

seriously, Cheers,

Jeff

Jeff Jones
Experienced User

Post Number: 32
Posted on Thursday, 02 October, 2008 - 21:34:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi Jeff,

I have tried ringing them without success (no one picks up), and also faxing them (their fax doesn't appear pick up either!). I have probably sent 20 emails both through eBay and the earthlink address, with no reply. Of course, before my payment went through in August, communication was fine!

eBay suggested I contact the American police authorities, which I have in the last week, but I have yet to hear back from them.

I hope you have better luck in contacting them. Let me know how you get on.

Regards,
Jeff

Jeff Jones
Experienced User

Post Number: 33
Posted on Thursday, 02 October, 2008 - 22:03:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Sorry, posted my last reply before I had read your latest one Jeff- will contact you privately to see how you get along.