New Rolls-Royce Owner - SRH8741 - Any... Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » General Discussion » New Rolls-Royce Owner - SRH8741 - Any Information? aka RR0002 (NSW) « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Brendan Morant
Yet to post message
Username: duke_of_bogandy

Post Number: 1
Posted on Friday, 29 September, 2023 - 16:11:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Good Afternoon All,

After coming down with a rash of madness, I recently came into possesion of SRH8741, a 1969/70 Shadow, apparently the very last 6.3 produced.

The car appears to have been undergoing restoration when I purchased it. The interior is completely new and of exceptional quality. It looks like the engine may have been pulled out, possibly refreshed, and was in the process of going back in.

There are a few oddities going on however. For example while the rear section of the exhaust is brand new, high gauge stainless; there is no y-pipe at all.

From what we can see there are no books/logs/receipts for any of the work and the only information I have to work from is the chassis number, the 'current' QLD registration 245-XOC, and a previous NSW registration RR-0002

As the car was purchased through an auction house, I don't have direct line to the previous owners and the vendor appears unwilling to engage. I believe it may be a deceased estate which could explain why they're not comfortable.

I'm hoping the Australian Rolls-Royce fraternity is small and tight knit enough that someone may recognise the car and be able to provide some information on the history and motivation for the restoration.

Cheers,
Brendan

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Please quote Chassis Numbers for all vehicles mentioned.
Password:
E-mail:
Action: