Insane price on Silver Cloud 11 Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » General Discussion » Insane price on Silver Cloud 11 « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Vladimir Ivanovich Kirillov
Grand Master
Username: soviet

Post Number: 1008
Posted on Wednesday, 04 July, 2018 - 07:16:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Here I am on a chilly morning 10C inside my man cave or den of iniquity at my outback country lair in Australia surfing the net gathering Intel on RR prices world wide when I come across Cloud 11 offered on classic cars for sale a price of 295,000 sterling (526,903 AUD).

Further down the site I find a similar car same model for 49,950 sterling. Both cars are described as excellent.

Here in OZ one can buy a good car of this model for between 60 to 100k AUD and for that top figure it would have to be concourse.

So what is the point of putting a price of 295,000 sterling on such a car? Does the car come with a 24 year old Sophia Loren and a 23 year old Bridgette Bardot swearing undying eternal love and groping each other wantonly? No?

I cannot get my head around it. It has to be some type of a Panama tax dodge or the vendor just does not want to sell it.

Omar M. Shams
Grand Master
Username: omar

Post Number: 1586
Posted on Thursday, 05 July, 2018 - 05:22:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Vlad where is this car?
I dont care for the model on the outside.... its the models on the inside that have got me excited although i would settle for 35 year old versions....

Grand Master

Post Number: 1009
Posted on Thursday, 05 July, 2018 - 07:41:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Omar old bean you asked "where is this car".

In UK there are quite a few on classiccarsforsale. Then in Australia I am certain if you look even for a short while you will find one on JustCars or Carsforsale.

An Australian car would be a better bet as we don't put salt on the road because ice and snow so the evil corrosion caper is well down. But as Dubai is Left Hand Drive you may wish to look at Hemmings in USA and see if you can score a car that's never been out of California, Nevada, Arizona, Texas or New Mexico.

Omar prices are rising on all Clouds internationally so now is the time rather than in ten years to go for a Cloud before the prices go nuts like Etype Jaguars.

Should you find a car you like in Sydney you may be as lucky as me in that David Gore looked at a Black Spur for me (looked great in the videos but was a right dog) and Patrick Ryan looked at a Spirit for me that was spot on but I felt slightly beyond my budget.

David Gore
Username: david_gore

Post Number: 2961
Posted on Thursday, 05 July, 2018 - 09:01:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Omar,

If you are "in the market", we could send you the details of Club member vehicles advertised for sale in the various Club magazines - unfortunately they will be RHD.

If you want to use Hemmings you will have to subscribe as casual visitors to their website can only access ads from previous issues and not the current issue:

https://www.hemmings.com/classifieds/cars-for-sale/

Omar M. Shams
Grand Master
Username: omar

Post Number: 1588
Posted on Friday, 06 July, 2018 - 05:28:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Gents
the car I was enquiring about was the one that had the 24 and 23 year old Loren and Bardot......
stuff the car... the focus of attention were the chicks.....

Grand Master

Post Number: 1013
Posted on Friday, 06 July, 2018 - 05:58:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Omar, I am plotting an evil path through Dubai to Accra Ghana to check out jungle drums.....Naturally, and if its curves you like perhaps you should come as my morals officer!

I was trolling the web looking for new potential RR/B contributors when I came across some very serious curves indeed!

Omar ever since I saw Marc Bolan and T-Rex live in Brisbane in early 70s when they let rip with the large bongo drums, I have had a things for drums Omar and Omar what rhymes with drums?

That aside Omar, you did trick David and I and I can only say you are lucky I am not a hugely wealthy chap otherwise I would drag you up to Leningrad and have some of the professional girls there sort you out. I am talking pipe hitting hot Omar and most have university degrees!

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Please quote Chassis Numbers for all vehicles mentioned.
Password:
E-mail:
Action: