One Owner; Non-smoking... Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » General Discussion » Threads to 2015 » One Owner; Non-smoking... « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Jeffrey McCarthy
Experienced User
Username: jefmac2003

Post Number: 43
Posted on Wednesday, 17 October, 2007 - 21:56:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Live long enough & you see everything.
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Princess-Margarets-1980-Rolls-Royce-Silver-Wraith-II_W0QQitemZ230182339495QQihZ013QQcategoryZ121977QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

(Message edited by jefmac2003 on 17 October 2007)

Jim.Cowin.
Unregistered guest
Posted From: 58.96.137.74
Posted on Thursday, 18 October, 2007 - 13:46:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

A really nice car with an interesting history, but to call Her Royal Highness a non smoker is being JUST a little bit loose with the truth !

(Message approved by david_gore)

David Gore
Username: david_gore

Post Number: 758
Posted on Friday, 19 October, 2007 - 09:49:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi Jim,

Some seller's licence in play - I presume this claim apparently applies to the period since the car was re-registered in December 2002.

It is my understanding the Royal warrant for the supply of tobacco and smoker's requisites was a much sought after and profitable appointment - on many occasions in my youth, I recall seeing photos in the Woman's Weekly of the Princess at functions holding a cigarette in a long cigarette holder. I always thought this was not appropriate for someone in her position.

(Message edited by david_gore on 19 October 2007)

James Feller
New User
Username: james_feller

Post Number: 5
Posted on Friday, 19 October, 2007 - 15:02:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Right, Non smoker.....

HRH Margs was a chain smoker for most of her life. Car looks in nice condition for its age but as it has been resprayed and new everflex so it should. Pity about those hideous cloth seats... green with green carpets over Cardinal red.... she may have been Royal but this certainly is not accounting for her taste in final fitment of the car. It is a ghastly combination in my opinion.
Getting back to non smoker for a sec, David I don't think it would matter re the period of ownership after Margs was finished with it, the whole car would reek of cigarette smoke like all old english pubs do especially with those awful cloth seats instead of leather.
Who in their right mind would pay 100K for it???

LOL

David Gore
Username: david_gore

Post Number: 759
Posted on Saturday, 20 October, 2007 - 09:06:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

My sentiments exactly - as an aside, I have found baby nappy soaker [Napisan or equivalent in Australia]] very effective in removing smoke smell from cloth covered furniture, curtains and carpets in my rental properties. I just spray it on until the fabric is damp, leave it for an hour or two and then sponge rinse off before drying with a wet/dry vacuum cleaner.

The green/red colour combination seemed to have been very popular in the Victorian era - I have seen a few properties where this combination has been used invariably in rooms that are dimly lit.

.Jim.Cowin.
Unregistered guest
Posted From: 58.96.137.156
Posted on Friday, 28 December, 2007 - 12:35:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi, I was just wondering if the Princess's car has sold yet. If not, I might just have to win the xlotto!

(Message approved by david_gore)