To Connolly or not to Connolly Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » General Discussion » Threads to 2015 » To Connolly or not to Connolly « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Robert Wort
Grand Master
Username: robert_wort

Post Number: 140
Posted on Tuesday, 15 March, 2005 - 15:45:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

There is an interesting article in December 2004's issue which 'Road tests' six leather conditioners including Connolly. I have scanned tthe article and copied it to word for upload.
You may judge for yourself.

Ahh well! Seems to big to upload.

I'll email you David to see if your magic can help.
That's unless it's too big for the eamil as well. I'll give it a try.

Miguel A. Garcia
Experienced User
Username: magarcia

Post Number: 13
Posted on Tuesday, 15 March, 2005 - 20:23:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Please, if you cannot upload, could email me too?
magarciaATedu-gov.org
regards

(Message edited by david_gore on March 16, 2005)

Robert Wort
Grand Master

Post Number: 142
Posted on Tuesday, 15 March, 2005 - 21:27:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi Miguel,
I've sent you the attachment.
Hope it gets through.
Cheers,
Rob
ps. It's a good idea to contact forum users through the contact utilities and not display you email address Miguel. Too many spammers and daredevils to take advantage of your trusting nature.Perhaps David can edit out your address when he reads it for your protection of privacy.

Robert Wort
Grand Master

Post Number: 144
Posted on Tuesday, 15 March, 2005 - 23:54:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi again David and Miguel.
Just wondering if you got the emails ok?

Miguel A. Garcia
Experienced User

Post Number: 14
Posted on Wednesday, 16 March, 2005 - 03:23:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi Robert: Yes, I got it. I shall open once i was at home, from here where i am now is too large to download...
thank you very much!!!

Robert Wort
Grand Master

Post Number: 145
Posted on Wednesday, 16 March, 2005 - 09:36:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Excellent! Hopefully David G. got it too as I would like to share it with everyone else.

David Gore
Username: david_gore

Post Number: 419
Posted on Wednesday, 16 March, 2005 - 15:05:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Thanks Robert,

Have converted to Adobe Acrobat file which hopefully will be able to be downloaded - I tried to set it up as an image within my post to avoid the necessity of downloading but the text was too small to read.

application/pdfLeather Treatments
Leather Treatments.pdf (1075.5 k)

It worked and the file reads best at 200% magnification - the impossible we do today; miracles take a little longer!

(Message edited by david_gore on March 16, 2005)

Robert Wort
Grand Master

Post Number: 150
Posted on Wednesday, 16 March, 2005 - 16:11:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Brilliant David! If anyone could do it you could.
You must start a new thread and tell us your secrets. Anyway, I thought it might make some interesting reading as I always thought our tried and true Hide Food (or Care as they call it now), was the pinnacle. Obviously not all share our view.

Miguel A. Garcia
Experienced User

Post Number: 15
Posted on Wednesday, 16 March, 2005 - 18:51:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

About this matter of reconollysing or reaconditioning aged leather, does any friend the services of companys as "AUTORESTORE" or "SMARTREPAIR"? I have seen some examples of works done by them here in Madrid, and the look is just like new!! By the other hand, i do not know what shall happen once it became to be used with the time...The process used by "AUTORESTORE" is very similar to the "leatherique" one: te use water colourants, and most of the same process. The used by "SMARTREPAIR" is different. It is disolvent based colurs, with little mor plastic look. This one is less price than "autorestorre" process and done in one day against 3 days of the "Autorestore".
Any experience to share about them?
I think i shall use one of them for my SRH3430 tired and aged (scares... scraps...lost coloured..) conolly seats

Robert Wort
Grand Master

Post Number: 152
Posted on Wednesday, 16 March, 2005 - 21:21:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi Miguel,
Maybe someone on the Swammelstein forum could help as they are closer to home than we are although, hopefully, someone here can help.
Just be aware though that if you do post a question on the Swamm site, to ignore answers from John Dare, Charles, Jock, Chuck or Zoo-something. They are all the same malicious idiot.

Miguel A. Garcia
Experienced User

Post Number: 16
Posted on Wednesday, 16 March, 2005 - 22:57:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Ok, i will do so.
thanks! Once i had don the job, i will popst pics here for all you to check the results.

Robert Wort
Grand Master

Post Number: 154
Posted on Thursday, 17 March, 2005 - 09:34:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Your pix will be appreciated Miguel.
Once I bite the bullet and purchase a digital camera (and enter the 21st century), I will send in pix too.

Miguel A. Garcia
Frequent User

Post Number: 51
Posted on Monday, 13 June, 2005 - 22:55:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Finally i did the Job at "smartrepair" center near Madrid. They have treated the 4 door panels, the 4 armrests, the 2 front seats with both center armrest, the center of the detachable console between fron seats, and rear seat with center armrest. While the price has been really affordable (300 Euros) and first look impression whas really fantastic, after some use and application of Liquid Leather Conditioner it has been weared again and scratches has reappeared. Anyway, this is more presentable than before doing the job.
My conclusion is that for really used and weared leather interiors, if you can afford the full retrimming with new leather, do it. If you just want a "wash of face" for a few Euros, can tray this methods, but have on mind that they will not be a "milagrous" as they sell themselves!!