Mini me Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » General Discussion » Threads to 2015 » Mini me « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Mark Herbstreit
Frequent User
Username: mark_herbstreit

Post Number: 53
Posted on Sunday, 17 September, 2006 - 20:23:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I recently paid a rare visit to an uncles farm and asked if he still owned the Fiat 130 coupe I had heard about but never seen. Turns out he drove it into the shed about ten years ago, put a cover over it and there it has sat since. This is the first time I have had the opportunity to compare the Camargue and 130 and was amazed at how similar the finer details between the two are. I have encouraged my uncle to recommission the Fiat and he seemed enthusiastic to do so.

Fiat 130 coupe seeing daylight for the first time in many years
fiat

Camargue and interior

Fiat interior

Camargue headlining

Fiat 130 headlining

(Message edited by Mark Herbstreit on September 17, 2006)

bob uk
Unregistered guest
Posted From: brig-cache-4.server.ntli.net
Posted on Sunday, 17 September, 2006 - 23:44:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I believe both the 130 and the Camargue were penned by Bertone at the same time.

In my opinion the 130 looks better than the Camargue and I find the Camargue a bit akward looking.

This opinion is reflected in the number of Camargue sales - which was low.

The Silver Spirit is much better looking than the Camargue.

I think the Camargue design was the inspiration behind the shape of the Spirit, The Spirit does bare some resemblance to the Ford Mk11 Granada though.

It is normal for makers to design the 4 door car first and then the coupe.

Truimph did the same as RR in that the Stag ( drop head coupe ) was designed before the Truimph 2000 Mk11. The MK11 was also destined to have the 3.0 litre V8 but oil price rises and that the Stag V8 turned out to be a lemon kippered that idea and Truimph carried on using the 2000 MK I mechanical bits.

In house rivalry between Triumph and Rover made sure that no Truimph car was fitted with the Rover V8. However one did escape and that was the TR7 with a V8 to be a TR8. Then they shut Triumph down.

(Message approved by david_gore)

Robert Wort
Grand Master
Username: robert_wort

Post Number: 330
Posted on Wednesday, 20 September, 2006 - 18:05:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Actually Bob, The Rolls-Royce Camargue and the Fiat 130 were designed by Sergio Pininfarina and not Bertone.

Check these links for more info.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fiat_130

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rolls-Royce_Camargue