Lhm topping up Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » General Discussion » Lhm topping up « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

michael vass
Grand Master
Username: mikebentleyturbo2

Post Number: 327
Posted on Sunday, 18 June, 2017 - 05:00:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi all
Call me daft if you like but I just read the topping up procedure in the hand book, it says, depressurise then run the engine for 5 mins, so why 1 depressurise, just to repressurise? And finally surely checking when pressurised will overfill when the pressure is next exhausted.
Mike

Alan Dibley
Frequent User
Username: alsdibley

Post Number: 65
Posted on Sunday, 18 June, 2017 - 16:20:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Michael, I don't know why RR said to depressurise first, but the topping-up procedure is the same as the original Citroen one. If the level when pressurised is set so that, even if all accumulators are emptied by - for instance - slight leakage after a month of non-use, the reservoir will not overflow. Note that when the level is up to the mark there is a lot of air-space left.

Alan D.

michael vass
Grand Master
Username: mikebentleyturbo2

Post Number: 328
Posted on Sunday, 18 June, 2017 - 17:45:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

thanks Alan, I'll put a bit more in.
Mike

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Please quote Chassis Numbers for all vehicles mentioned.
Password:
E-mail:
Action: