RROC (NSW) 2017 commemoration Run... Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » General Discussion » RROC (NSW) 2017 commemoration Run « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Patrick Ryan
Grand Master
Username: patrick_r

Post Number: 1310
Posted on Sunday, 02 April, 2017 - 20:51:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Gents,

For 57 years, the RROC of NSW has celebrated the April 1st 1904 drive by Henry Royce of his first 10hp car from the Royce Ltd factory at Cooke St Hulme (Manchester) to his home at Leigh Rd Knutsford (Cheshire).

Today we had our commemoration run that covered roughly the same 17 mile distance as Henry Royce drove. We started from Bicentenial Park, Pymble, then drove to Hunters Hill bowling club, where all the cars assembled and we had a lovely afternoon lunch.

Please enjoy some images.

I will most some more images when I download my camera SD card.
These are from my phone.

Brian Crump
Prolific User
Username: brian_crump

Post Number: 162
Posted on Monday, 03 April, 2017 - 07:20:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

And Patrick gave us a most well-researched and enlightening report on the times and feats of Sir Henry, including pictures most of us have not previously seen. Thank you Patrick.
Regards,
Brian Crump

Patrick Ryan
Grand Master

Post Number: 1311
Posted on Monday, 03 April, 2017 - 07:43:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Thank you Brian,

I enjoyed the research and the presentation.

I have been to Cheshire & Liverpool a few times now, but didn't realise how close I was to these events of 1904 in Hulme & Knutsford (Cheshire)
Crew is also in the county of Cheshire.

I was mainly in the area researching the Ismay family, (founders & owners of the White Star Line) their home in a place called Thurstaston, right near Liverpool, their grave sites and the WSL company office in Liverpool.

My next visit to the area will be sure to take in Manchester (for a drink at the Midland Hotel), Hulme & Knutsford.

Patrick Ryan
Grand Master

Post Number: 1314
Posted on Tuesday, 04 April, 2017 - 20:24:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I will post some images from the commemoration run, first thing in the morning.

Patrick Ryan
Grand Master

Post Number: 1318
Posted on Wednesday, 05 April, 2017 - 08:01:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Promised images from the Commemoration Run.

The weather didn't help, and there was a few less cars than hoped at the first meeting point at Pymble.

All in all it was a good day, and a good turn out.

My wife & I with another members beautiful Spritt.

Alan Ford
Prolific User
Username: herne13

Post Number: 178
Posted on Wednesday, 05 April, 2017 - 11:10:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi Patrick, you always come through with fantastic photo's of these events. Once again thanks for sharing mate.

Patrick Ryan
Grand Master

Post Number: 1320
Posted on Wednesday, 05 April, 2017 - 11:47:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Anytime Alan,

We need to do a photo shoot with Benny.

Alan Ford
Prolific User
Username: herne13

Post Number: 179
Posted on Wednesday, 05 April, 2017 - 15:03:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Patrick, that would be a grand day indeed :-)

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Please quote Chassis Numbers for all vehicles mentioned.
Password:
E-mail:
Action: