Funny stickers. Because, why not...? Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » General Discussion » Funny stickers. Because, why not...? « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Jeff Cheng
Frequent User
Username: makeshift

Post Number: 78
Posted on Friday, 31 March, 2017 - 19:23:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

So this is my daily driver.

vn

For those not in Australia, that is a 1990 Holden Commodore in all it's craptastic glory; and worth all of about $800 on a good day. It's by far the oldest car in the parking lot at work.

But... it gets me to and from work, and despite having the build quality of Ikea furniture assembled a 3 year old, everything works and it's not too bad on fuel.

So just for kicks, I put this sticker on it.

sticker

David Towers
Prolific User
Username: xtriple

Post Number: 126
Posted on Friday, 31 March, 2017 - 20:00:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Love it :-)

I am trying to buy a sticker I saw the other day that states: 'Eco Car' and place that on the back of the Bentley!

Well, it is, sort of :-)

ross kowalski
Grand Master
Username: cdfpw

Post Number: 336
Posted on Friday, 31 March, 2017 - 20:27:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I had a bunch of "What Would Colin Chapman Do?" bumper stickers made up a few years ago for the lotus crowd. Of course the answer is, "simplicate and add lightness".

For those of you not savvy with the WWXD bumper stickers, they started as WWJD or What Would Jesus Do and evolved into WWHTD (What Would Hunter Thompson Do?) and WWKRD (What Would Keith Richards Do?) etc calling us to reflect on what was the guiding principle of the listed person.

While they only play in USA, what about WWHRD or "What Would Henry Royce Do?" Might be a fun one.

The answer of course, build the best car ever built by man.

Here's a pic of a WWCCD on my Lotus. (Note it is full of garbage for the dump. It is a great garbage scow because the hatch is separated from the passenger compartment with glass.

Note also the famous Helds Dairyman "Drink more Milk" and the Japanese "older driver" sticker.

As a nod to folks savvy with RR, I have a vinyl sticker on the back of the car that says "Proceeding". I was going to do "Still Proceeding" but I thought that implied that it might not be so I just went with the former.

I'll take a picture of that when I am back in town.

John Beech
Prolific User
Username: jbeech

Post Number: 274
Posted on Saturday, 01 April, 2017 - 03:14:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Jeff's sense of humor is funny but Ross, Proceeding on a Rolls indicates a you're a man with a warped sense of humor because the universe who will recognize what that means is infinitesimal ;>)

Patrick Ryan
Grand Master
Username: patrick_r

Post Number: 1305
Posted on Saturday, 01 April, 2017 - 05:50:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Great sticker Jeff.
I bet you get lots of "yeah right" & "sure you do" jibes when people read that.
The old VN is a great car. Huge inside, massive boot and as Jeff said the 3.8L Buick style V6 is fantastic on fuel.
You just don't see them on the road anymore, and they were released in 1988.
The actual life span of modern cars is just so low now. There won't be any 80's or 90's cars left to be classic cars one day.
The plastics just don't seem to survive.

Love the Lotus and the stickers Ross.
The Japanese one is great.

My Shadow had a Disneyland sticker on the back window when I got it which was a bitch to get off, as it was on the inside right at the bottom of the glass.

ross kowalski
Grand Master
Username: cdfpw

Post Number: 342
Posted on Sunday, 02 April, 2017 - 23:40:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Picture of the Proceeding sticker.

It's grey on grey which is only visible from close up. So not only do you have to be a RR owner to get it John, you have to be tailgaiting.

I did it to easily find my car in a car park among all the other grey tractor painted Shadows with roof racks.

Brian Vogel
Grand Master
Username: guyslp

Post Number: 2244
Posted on Monday, 03 April, 2017 - 01:28:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Just FYI, many local printers can whip up a very limited (read: 5 or less) runs of any given thing you want that fits on a bumper sticker.

My partner has had bumper stickers made at our local FedEx printing and shipping store.

I imagine that you could supply them with the actual thing you want printed provided they tell you the dimensions and what file format. I've used MS-Publisher to generate printing-press-ready files for things like business cards and rack cards.

Brian

Omar M. Shams
Grand Master
Username: omar

Post Number: 1159
Posted on Monday, 03 April, 2017 - 01:48:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Dear Ross,
you have a wicked sense of humour - I just love it.

Dear Brian,
We have print shops here that will make anything you want in any size and for peanuts. As an example - I just restored a 94 Range Rover Classic and the lettering on the bonnet and tailgate are no longer available. I had two sets of both made in different colours in the exact font and size for US$18 in total. Not bad eh? The car looks like it has the factory stickers on it.

Omar

Randy Roberson
Grand Master
Username: wascator

Post Number: 719
Posted on Wednesday, 05 April, 2017 - 02:57:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I like the Holden: it looks like a very servicable car.
I always find wheel covers of that general style attractive. I recall the Mercedes in the 1970s which used these on the non-US models (the US only got alloy wheels). The original Ford Taurus (US) circa 1985 had a similar cover design standard.
Nothing wrong with and much right with having an everyday car you don't have to fret over.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Please quote Chassis Numbers for all vehicles mentioned.
Password:
E-mail:
Action: