The Yanks have stretched a Phantom Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » General Discussion » Threads to 2015 » The Yanks have stretched a Phantom « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Robert Wort
Grand Master
Username: robert_wort

Post Number: 222
Posted on Thursday, 14 July, 2005 - 00:36:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Somebody's got a lot of money.
I'll keep the Chauffeuse.

Richard Treacy
Grand Master
Username: richard_treacy

Post Number: 848
Posted on Thursday, 14 July, 2005 - 10:01:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Maybe more like this!

Rubber band, man...

Robert Wort
Grand Master

Post Number: 224
Posted on Thursday, 14 July, 2005 - 11:00:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

What next I wonder? A built in spa and a helipad?

David Gore
Username: david_gore

Post Number: 485
Posted on Thursday, 14 July, 2005 - 14:21:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Apart from the inherited awful front end, it doesn't look too bad for a stretch IMHO.

Jim.Cowin.
Unregistered guest
Posted From: 210.84.166.33
Posted on Thursday, 14 July, 2005 - 14:28:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

As for the car, well for a streach job from the good old U.S.A, the car looks really good,& as for the driver,WOW!!!!!!!!

(Message approved by david_gore)

Bill Coburn
Grand Master
Username: bill_coburn

Post Number: 464
Posted on Friday, 15 July, 2005 - 01:04:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

More arse than class I would say!

Glenn Amer
Experienced User
Username: recordo

Post Number: 13
Posted on Friday, 15 July, 2005 - 01:17:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Bill, do you mean the car or the driver?

regards, Glenn.

William H. Trovinger II
Prolific User
Username: bill_trovinger

Post Number: 227
Posted on Friday, 15 July, 2005 - 15:14:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Well assuming I could afford a stretched Phantom and driver (like that one) I certainly could NOT afford the divorce attorney my wife would hire.

Does that middle door open both ways?????? It appears from the handles to have them at both the front and the rear of the door. Guess one would need a doorman other wise after a few Glenlivets one could get awful confused.

LOL
Bill

Robert Wort
Grand Master

Post Number: 225
Posted on Friday, 15 July, 2005 - 19:15:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

It certainly looks like it doesn't it Bill?
However a lot of the photo quality was lost when I resized it and I still can't master it enough to fill the page like others can. However it is an illusion. The middle door opens in the normal way (I expanded the photo for a closer look) and the front door handle is quite large and appears to be a part of the second door, which of course, it isn't.

Richard Treacy
Grand Master

Post Number: 849
Posted on Friday, 15 July, 2005 - 20:20:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Robert et al,

To fill the screen, resize the photo to 640 pixels (Wide) x 480 (high).

Most photo utilities allow you to do this.

On my computer I usually use Microsoft Photo Editor.

On Photo Editor, select from the toolbar at the top of the screen:

<picture><change>; on the pop-up, select <pixels> on the "Units" submenu.

Then enter 640 in the width box, and the height will automatically adjust. If the height is still more than 480, enter 480 in the height box and the width will adjust.

There is also a box on the pop-up to click so you may stretch the photo by entering the width and height values individually.

Save the photo.

If you use <file><save>, you can rename the file to save it. You may also click the tab on the <save> pop-up for "additional" or "further" or "options" depending on version. There you can slide the bar "quality" to make it a larger or smaller file. Make sure it is less than 100kb after saving it.

Presto.

RT.

ps you can always download an image or file from the site, and from most web pages and email utilities, by right clicking on the image or link and selecting <save target as>.

Richard Treacy
Grand Master

Post Number: 850
Posted on Friday, 15 July, 2005 - 20:36:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

For example, this photo is 638x480 and 64k. The quality is poor because the source was low quality and only 17k. It was lifted from Robert's post by right clicking.

RT.

Richard Treacy
Grand Master

Post Number: 851
Posted on Friday, 15 July, 2005 - 20:43:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

On the other hand, there is good reason why this 60kb, 640x480 shot of an Aston Martin was always of poor quality. They just don't have that Bentley ride quality at 262km/h...

Robert Wort
Grand Master

Post Number: 226
Posted on Friday, 15 July, 2005 - 21:23:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Thanks Richard
I'lll give it a try on my next shot.
Damn chea[ cars those Astons.

Robert Wort
Grand Master

Post Number: 227
Posted on Saturday, 16 July, 2005 - 02:21:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

What's wrong with this picture?
I'ts supposed to be a Harold Radford 1955 Rolls-Royce Silver Cloud. The year is probably right and it is a Harold Radford, but it aint a Rolls-Royce and just look at the butchery with the headlamps. Thanks Richard. I seem to have finally mastered the picture uploads.

Norman Geeson
Unregistered guest
Posted From: 62.253.64.18
Posted on Tuesday, 19 July, 2005 - 21:31:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Robert

I see the title to this thread is "The Yanks have stretched a Phantom". Do you know who actually carried out this conversion in the U.S?

It is certainly not the first Phantom to receive such treatment.A similar stretch was completed about 12/15 months ago for a middle east customer. The conversion was completed by the same company who have done a gull wing door project, for Ford, on a new Aston Martin.I witnessed both.

It is probable that demand for such conversions may be suppressed now that the long wheel base factory version has been launched. Must have been a small queue forming, as the factory had over 35 firm orders in the first 10 days.

Robert Wort
Grand Master

Post Number: 228
Posted on Wednesday, 20 July, 2005 - 18:58:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi Norman,
Unfortunately there were only pictures and no other details about the stretched Phantom. If I get some time I might do a search on Google to see if there is any more info.

Robert Wort
Grand Master

Post Number: 230
Posted on Thursday, 21 July, 2005 - 23:58:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi Norman,
After a bit of "Googling", I found that the Stretched Phantom is a creation of Genaddi Master Coachbuilders
http://www.vgdauto.com/gallery.html
They have also turned another Phantom into a convertible and a Bentley Arnage into a shooting Brake (not too bad actually). They have also done a host of other vehicles. Click on the link and enjoy.

Norman Geeson
Unregistered guest
Posted From: 62.253.64.18
Posted on Friday, 22 July, 2005 - 12:23:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Robert

I appreciate your trouble in finding the information, the web site is very interesting. Thank you once again.

Norman