Edmund Hillary Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » General Discussion » Threads to 2015 » Edmund Hillary « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Mernon Lollich
Experienced User
Username: mernon_lollich

Post Number: 18
Posted on Saturday, 12 January, 2008 - 13:18:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi All -

I'm not a member of the NZ club, but I'm sure many of them (like Roy Tilley) access this site (there doesn't seem to be a way for a non-member to send a post there). Many of us yanks have a very soft spot for Australia and New Zealand, hence this post. We all have our heroes, and I'd just like to say that Hillary was a hero here in the US too.

He was a classy gent, a record-breaker, and a true gentleman in the best sense. He didn't stop at the crest of Everest, but went on to do things most of us can scarcely hope to match. New Zealand, you have in Sir Edmund a treasure to match any. God rest his soul, and UP New Zealand!

Mernon Lollich (California)
1958 SC LSJF72 "Emma"

Richard Treacy
Grand Master
Username: richard_treacy

Post Number: 1340
Posted on Saturday, 12 January, 2008 - 22:28:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Mernon,

Sir Edmund Hillary was indeed a great man. Very tall at 188cm and a great achiever, rough as guts and a true icon. His loss is great, but he will never be forgotten.

Aussies and Kiwis have a special bond, highlighted in our football rivalry.

You must visit New Zealand. It’s Sensational. The astonishing differences in landscape will astound you, especially when you go from the North to the South island.

Andre Perry
New User
Username: meandfi

Post Number: 4
Posted on Thursday, 03 December, 2009 - 15:17:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Ive got a photo of me with Sir Ed back in 1984 will find it and post it, be warned I am only about 10.lol

Andre Perry
New User
Username: meandfi

Post Number: 5
Posted on Friday, 04 December, 2009 - 08:20:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Here you go, Im the one young one with Black hair and the fashionable cloths with my dad and brother with Sir Ed in 1984.