Sat nav screen and TV screen and wher... Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » General Discussion » Sat nav screen and TV screen and where to put them « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Robert Noel Reddington
Grand Master
Username: bob_uk

Post Number: 1204
Posted on Monday, 28 November, 2016 - 09:45:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

On my Shadow One I have the mounting for the optional 8 track cartridge player but no 8 track, a din radio will not fit with out chopping the central walnut burr which is not going to happen. at present in the square hole is the control and fuel gauge for the LPG system.

Either side are two holes for radio spindles.

Ideal for mounting a sat nav screen to. I imagine a ball on a stork which the cradle snaps onto.

A simple lathe job.

note- take care and think about car accidents. dont want a ball stuck in yer head when you hit a tree.

David Gore
Username: david_gore

Post Number: 2318
Posted on Monday, 28 November, 2016 - 11:29:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Robert,

DRH14434 was fitted with the optional 8 track cartridge player when delivered from the factory however a subsequent owner replaced this with a Pioneer AM/FM radio and cassette player which fitted neatly into the 8 track slot.

The original UK short/medium/long wave radio remained but had been disconnected and the automatic aerial worked from the Pioneer on/off switch when the antenna dash switch was left on.

A neat and unobtrusive installation.

Robert Noel Reddington
Grand Master
Username: bob_uk

Post Number: 1206
Posted on Tuesday, 29 November, 2016 - 06:08:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I have a pre din AM/FM CASSETTE only player no CD or MP3 player connection. The exsisting CD MP3 player FM radio JVC is very good and lives between the seats. Its to wide to fit in lieu of the 8 track. also have a Pioneer AM/FM MP3 CD cassette with a 6 CD auto-changer in my Jeep which could be removed. However I am not fussed with the auto-changer bit and the one CD type is fine and my wife does the music while I drive.

The MP3 is very good and the CD is becoming redundant.

My antenna is redundant and I have a length of copper 1/4 pipe on plastic P clips (rat trap self tapers ) under the sill. This works fine.

Now instant radio.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Please quote Chassis Numbers for all vehicles mentioned.
Password:
E-mail:
Action: