Bosch Spark plugs Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » General Discussion » Bosch Spark plugs « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Mark Aldridge
Grand Master
Username: mark_aldridge

Post Number: 327
Posted on Tuesday, 19 July, 2016 - 09:53:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

These may be of interest to UK members. I used them in my worn 1982 Sprit with good results. Equiv to a NGK 5 plughttp://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/201384155391?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Patrick Ryan
Grand Master
Username: patrick_r

Post Number: 323
Posted on Tuesday, 19 July, 2016 - 11:45:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Nice plug at a good price there Mark.

ross kowalski
Experienced User
Username: cdfpw

Post Number: 35
Posted on Tuesday, 26 July, 2016 - 11:37:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

For the USA members, at lease some Walmarts currently have bosch 4306's for 1.25USD each.

I went to two stores and bought 20 for that price. All the other tapered (read 350 chevy) base plugs on clearance were three times as much.

Turns out they fit a RR 6.75 and a Lotus 907.

Patrick Ryan
Grand Master

Post Number: 350
Posted on Tuesday, 26 July, 2016 - 14:31:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Great find Ross, gotta love WalMart.

ross kowalski
Experienced User

Post Number: 39
Posted on Tuesday, 26 July, 2016 - 22:00:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Patrick,

If you look at the back, it says "improves mileage". I'd seriously like to know how that works.

Maybe you had two fouled candles, and to make the same power you had to put your foot deeper into it gas washing the two dead pots. New plugs, eight cylinders less go pedal = better milage. Nice.

Sure Bosch, improves mileage.

Christian S. Hansen
Grand Master
Username: enquiring_mind

Post Number: 332
Posted on Wednesday, 27 July, 2016 - 07:48:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Your photo does not show the footnote designated by the cross symbol after the word efficiency. There is a saying that "the large print giveth and the small print taketh away." Note that it uses the word "efficiency" and not "mileage". From a pure efficiency perspective, if you compute the cost of fuel over a given period and compare that first with the original price of $8.97 (which may be less that the price of the prior product) and then secondly to the sale price of $2.50, your financial fuel cost "efficiency" will be over three times greater. LOL!

ross kowalski
Experienced User

Post Number: 43
Posted on Wednesday, 27 July, 2016 - 12:26:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Christian,

I should read the fine print, but so help me if they amortize the total cost across the fuel and the price of the candles, I will install a diesel in the RR. (just kidding)

Patrick Ryan
Grand Master

Post Number: 427
Posted on Friday, 19 August, 2016 - 08:47:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Bosch are genius's Ross.
Love their miracle products.

John Beech
Experienced User
Username: jbeech

Post Number: 16
Posted on Sunday, 13 November, 2016 - 02:47:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Are the Bosch 4306 suitable for SRX6816 as well? She's equipped with the 'small' displacement engine.

Robert Noel Reddington
Grand Master
Username: bob_uk

Post Number: 1179
Posted on Sunday, 13 November, 2016 - 03:44:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Bosch or NGK seem to suit the RR V8. I use NGK 5 ???

Platinum plugs at $1.25 each is well cheap. Thats only £6 english money for a plug change. So cheap.

Cleaning plugs.
Never wire brush or media blast them it damages the porcelain bit. heat the tip up until the crap burns off 600c max will do.

Plugs are self cleaning providing the self clean temp is reached which means a long run at 88-90c water temp. This is why my car runs so nice once warmed up. All cars do this.

The left hand bank is so easy to change I would have made the brake reservoir bigger to completely obstruct the plugs. NOT

ross kowalski
Prolific User

Post Number: 168
Posted on Sunday, 13 November, 2016 - 13:37:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

John,

The answer is yes based on the cross reference chart at Rock Auto which lists the 6.2 and 6.75 plugs identically for both motors.

The 4306 is a little colder than the spec'd plug for this engine, but it depends how you drive, how long your trips are, and what fuel you are running.

I run briskly, on 20min+ drives, running regular unleaded and have good plug appearance and no knocking.

If you do more short drives, then a slightly hotter plug might be better.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Please quote Chassis Numbers for all vehicles mentioned.
Password:
E-mail:
Action: