It hurts to see this .. Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » General Discussion » Threads to 2015 » It hurts to see this .. « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Robert Howlett
Frequent User
Username: bobhowlett

Post Number: 59
Posted on Tuesday, 25 September, 2012 - 18:49:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I'm speechless..Such a classic ..

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/ROLLS-ROYCE-1977-SILVER-SHADOW-SERIES-2-/190728854658?pt=AU_Cars&hash=item2c68535c82

Rh

Hubert Kelly
Experienced User
Username: h_kelly

Post Number: 44
Posted on Tuesday, 25 September, 2012 - 20:29:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi Robert, will this car actually sell for the reserve. I am somewhat shocked at the reserve..

Brian Vogel
Frequent User
Username: guyslp

Post Number: 98
Posted on Tuesday, 25 September, 2012 - 23:30:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

This, or worse, seems to be the fate of many SY and SZ series cars. Very sad, really.

I recently purchased a 1979 Silver Wraith II with 26K miles on it for $5K US that's in much better shape than this one (though it wasn't roadworthy at the time and still isn't - work in progress).

At the price he's asking as opening bid I'd imagine you could part the car out and perhaps come away slightly ahead. It would be a labor of sadomasochistic love to try to revive this particular example from the dead.

Brian

Bill Coburn
Username: bill_coburn

Post Number: 1437
Posted on Wednesday, 26 September, 2012 - 01:44:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Robert/ Sad to say this is not unusual as Brian reports. I am continuously trying to encourage younger ones to take these cars and work on them in the hope that some will be preserved. The going rate for a non-goer SY in OZ is also about $5000 but scrap merchants are a bit chary of getting too many in stock given the room they take up and the slow demand.

Peter Talbot
Prolific User
Username: squerryes

Post Number: 151
Posted on Wednesday, 26 September, 2012 - 11:17:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

A$5000 as a starting bid - this has just got to be some kind of a joke!!

It looks like the bodywork is totally shot and I hate to think what is the condition of the mechanics.

Peter