Vehicle build record Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » General Discussion » Threads to 2015 » Vehicle build record « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Roderick Waite
Experienced User
Username: rodwaite

Post Number: 46
Posted on Monday, 23 July, 2012 - 02:07:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Looking at the vehicle build record of my 1984 Spirit, chassis ECH 09680, I notice that the number allocated on the build record is ZSH 09680. Anyone able to throw some light on this, please? Why the difference?

Thanks

Rod Waite

James Feller
Prolific User
Username: james_feller

Post Number: 201
Posted on Wednesday, 25 July, 2012 - 12:02:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Check the techical library Rod. The build specs and chassis numbering matirx are loaded in there for us to use. I think under miscellaneous....good read actually. it will tell you using your chassis number (nb your engine no is the last 5 digits of the long Chassi number) on your car exactly how the car was built up, what market it was intended for etc etc.

happy hunting

J

Richard Treacy
Grand Master
Username: richard_treacy

Post Number: 2618
Posted on Wednesday, 25 July, 2012 - 12:35:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Different clubs list a different set of letters from the full chassis number.

My Conti is SCBZB03D2PCH42592. The RREC lists it as PCH42592. The RROC(A) lists it as BBP42592 which has more meaning.

Many of the letters tell nothing or are redundant to anyone who klnows these cars. For example, the PCH in the RREC version says that the car is a Bentley, was built in Crewe ad has right hand drive. Crewe. Wow, how about that ? I would never had guessed. The RROC(A) method tells more about the car. The BBP says Bentley, Continental R, 1993. Another club lists it as BPH42592 which is best: Conti R, 1993, RHD. Dropping the first B for Bentley makes sense as all Contis are Bentleys, and dropping the C for Crewe makes sense as all Conti Rs were built in Crewe.

In my build sheets, Crewe sometimes shortens it to ZBH42592. Not bad, but again all Continental Rs are Bentleys and SZ models, so the Z is wasted.

As James says, go to http://rrtechnical.info/ChassisNumbers/sz_vin.pdf

RT.