RR BMW Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » General Discussion » Threads to 2015 » RR BMW « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Bob uk
Unregistered guest
Posted From: 94.197.122.75
Posted on Tuesday, 22 July, 2014 - 08:38:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Bmw are concerned that a housing estate is to be built next to the Goodwood factory which will lower the tone.

RR before Bmw wouldn't have thought like that and would have thought somewhere for the workers to live and we need a bigger social club.

Bmw RR is not RR. Just a logo.
BMW doesn't understand the culture.

VW seems to allow Bentley to be RR/Bentley as we used to know.

(Message approved by david_gore)

Randy Roberson
Prolific User
Username: wascator

Post Number: 255
Posted on Tuesday, 22 July, 2014 - 12:34:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Rolls-Royce was not just The Car: it was the entire organization, the best of Britain, the best the workers and land could produce. It was the British culture which over the ages grew into the nation which was able to create the Rolls-Royce. it was a matter-of-fact organization: there was hard, dirty work, long hours, and sweat by the gallon (Imperial) in every example. All of Britain were and should have been proud of Rolls-Royce: the car, the men who conceived it and the organization and men who built each one. There was a relationship between the men who built them and the people who owned them, a relationship of mutual respect of a fashion, which may not be understood now.
Rolls-Royce were able to return the favour granted to it by the British people when the Merlin engine was created and provided to fight off the German agressors. What a masterpiece.

Bob uk
Unregistered guest
Posted From: 94.197.122.83
Posted on Wednesday, 23 July, 2014 - 05:46:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

God save the Queen
Even if her grandad (GeorgeV) was German and a general in the German army and commander of British forces at the same time
The first war should never have happened and the second war would have not happened. I never quite understood why George and Willy ( the Kaiser) who were mates and cousins didn't stop it.

But they didn't and RR made money on both wars. Without which my car your car and the RR culture wouldn't have happened.

And my mum would not have met my dad and I wouldn't be writing this.

1900 to 1945 is a very interesting period in history for both RR and the world.

The Germans are actually the same stock as the British, I have met many Germans and they are very "British" and ok guys.

(Message approved by david_gore)