Bentley Mark VI Special Roadster Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » General Discussion » Threads to 2015 » Bentley Mark VI Special Roadster « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

W. Charpentier
Unregistered guest
Posted From: 24.20.98.155
Posted on Friday, 11 June, 2004 - 03:56:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Good Morning All.

I realize that this forum is in Australia, but it appears to be drawing people from all over the world.

I am looking for information on re-bodied Bentley Mark VI automobiles. I have come across a car that started life as a Mark VI and has sometime in it's life been converted to a rather boxy, crude open roadster. There are no doors and the seating is very rudimentary. From the cowl area forward it is mostly Mark VI with older Lucas P100 headlights & King of the Road driving lamps.

I am looking for any history/information on this car or other similar Bentley automobiles. The chassis number is B454FV.

I have also looked for other forums open to the public where I could ask for information, but have found none.

Please respond directly to me with any information.

Thanks

W. Charpentier
super48@comcast.net
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

John Dare
Unregistered guest
Posted From: 144.138.194.80
Posted on Saturday, 12 June, 2004 - 19:47:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

There is a book (possibly TWO separate volumes) which I believe is titled "Bentley Specials and Special Bentleys" or some similar sounding title. These books chronicle all/most Bentley "Specials" which have been constructed in recent years, typically on Mk 6 chassis etc. These books or at least one of them ( Vol. 1 might be out of print!) should be available from major U.S/Euro. book houses. Good luck!