Factory RR Limosine Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » General Discussion » Threads to 2015 » Factory RR Limosine « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Vladimir Ivanovich Kirillov
Prolific User
Username: soviet

Post Number: 173
Posted on Wednesday, 25 March, 2015 - 05:45:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Chaps, can any of you tell me if Crewe ever made a factory limosine ie Shadow, Spirit, Spur stretched out. I know about the Phantoms but I have been seeing an number advertisements lately on the net about this or that Spur limosine being a factory made car.

As you know, if you had a dollar for every minute of BS you have heard from a car saleman or car/owners sellers mouth you could plonk down cash for a new phantom to be delivered to your own private jet garage.

Brian Vogel
Grand Master
Username: guyslp

Post Number: 1252
Posted on Wednesday, 25 March, 2015 - 08:11:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Vladimir,

To my knowledge, Crewe never produced an SY limousine of any sort. The closest you got to that was a LWB Shadow with division or a Silver Wraith II with division.

They also didn't, strictly speaking, produce an SZ series limousine, either, but they did have "factory authorized" stretch SZ's made by Jankel. I don't think there was any other authorized "stretch-er," but I'm sure someone else will chime in if there was one. I do know that the Robert Jankel limousines are recognized as "correct" by the RROC-US and that they were authorized by Crewe.

Brian

Bob UK
Unregistered guest
Posted From: 94.197.121.124
Posted on Wednesday, 25 March, 2015 - 08:25:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Factory made means made in a factory any factory will do.

I have driven a few stretched limos and none of them steered properly. They tend to understeer apply power and the limo tightens up on the corner. Then snap oversteer. Not nice ok if driven slow.

RR didn't make saloon cars longer than the lwb versions.

Because the whole suspension and subframes would have to be designed along with endless road resting.
The phantom was designed as a limo not a saloon car.

(Message approved by david_gore)