Hello ..Its been awhile since i poste... Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » General Discussion » Threads to 2015 » Hello ..Its been awhile since i posted .. « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Robert Howlett
Frequent User
Username: bobhowlett

Post Number: 97
Posted on Friday, 18 October, 2013 - 20:14:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

hi guys ..yeah I haven't posted for awhile cos the old girl hasn't been any problem. Not since I repaired the rust put in electronic ignition and run on 98 ron Miss daisy IS RUNNING GREAT. she's been a every day driver for the past year and not only she looks good she starts every time thanks to Mr Chapman who supplied a BOSH starter motor ..SO much So I have forgotten my username and password for this site ..Just goes to show how durable these car are. It hasn't failed me. Yep I'm still here " and these are the best cars in the world

richard george yeaman
Prolific User
Username: richyrich

Post Number: 132
Posted on Saturday, 19 October, 2013 - 01:12:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi Robert nice to hear from you again, That u tube video of Miss Daisy sitting with a glass of water sitting on top of the SU carb is something else, I made reference to it a while ago in a post titled Sounds like the timing is off 40 degrees, I did try the glass balancing act and was able to do it mind you the ground has to be dead level.

Richard.

Robert Howlett
Frequent User

Post Number: 98
Posted on Saturday, 19 October, 2013 - 07:22:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi Richard
yeah just a bit of fun. Has anyone seen the video of the silver spirit with a Aussie 2 dollar coin balancing on the carby? that's pretty cool too.
Staying on the spirit. I watched a clip from the USA when they had the cash for clunkers program. In the clip they had some wonderful old cars, caddy's ,Lincoln's ,Bmw's but the most amazing was the pre injected silver spirit. She had the sump and coolant drained then filled up with what the mechanic called liquid glass. For 20 mins she ran at full throttle with a cinder block on the accelerator before it died..absolutely amazing to the engineering of these motors where all the others sized in minutes. Like most RR owners I pamper the old girl but after seeing that clip I recon there tougher than we give them credit for. I will try to find the video and post it.Its really is jaw dropping to see.
cheers
Rob

Robert Howlett
Frequent User

Post Number: 99
Posted on Saturday, 19 October, 2013 - 18:19:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi guys. Its been my every day driver for a year now so of course one must have sound ..I managed to get a look a like old school stereo with iPod connection. Cost's twice as much a regular stereo but there was no way I was going cut 40 year old veneer to fit a plastic faced CD player. The sound isn't too bad 200 watts divided by 4 not that sloppy when using 40 year olds speakers but the most important thing I have is the dash cam with front and rear recording. I am soooo over being intimidated by the suburban tractor's that take aim on the Old girl. l often say" please rear end me " I have rusty corners and a ding in the middle from the previous owner of course ..anyway cheers
rob
new radio