Rolls Royce/Bentley Adventures Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » General Discussion » Threads to 2015 » Rolls Royce/Bentley Adventures « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Vladimir Ivanovich Kirillov
Prolific User
Username: soviet

Post Number: 248
Posted on Friday, 01 May, 2015 - 02:54:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

About 2 years ago I read John Matheson's story on the RROAC site about preparing his Phantom V for the Peking to Paris Rally and actually being in that rally. I have just re-read that story.

It's a brilliant story - to me there is something weird, frightening, crazy and totally entertaining about taking a beautiful and rare car like classic Phantom to a rally and completing the rally with your wife through countries where the authorities need a good Russian against the wall shooting, lunatic roads and breakdowns in the middle of nowhere. Don't get me wrong as mad as I may be I wouldn't do it myself but I find it most entertaining to read about.

Does anybody have a suggested reading list of this type of genre?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

David Gore
Username: david_gore

Post Number: 1588
Posted on Friday, 01 May, 2015 - 07:43:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Vladimir,

Search this forum for posts by Jeanne Eve and you will find a large number of posts covering various International events she and John Matheson have attended. Unfortuately, this search does not reveal all of Jeanne's posts and you need to manually go through the topics as below.

Other event are also covered in the "Non-RROCA News and Events", "RROCA News, Events and Booking Forms" and "General Discussion" Topics. Lots of interesting events and reading in these Topics. In particular there is a comprehensive thread from Jeanne on the "RREC Centenary Alpine Trial 1913-2013" in the General Discussion Topic.

If you feel like a laugh or two, try the following link:

http://au.rrforums.net/forum/messages/30/2750.html?1111737277