Wedding Cars Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » General Discussion » Threads to 2015 » Wedding Cars « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Eivin Hjornevik
New User
Username: rrandrr

Post Number: 9
Posted on Sunday, 20 December, 2009 - 23:09:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi Long Time no see :-)

My Corniche wedding car ;-)

I was invited her in Norway/Bergen to a US car show

(Message edited by rrandrr on 20 December 2009)

Colin Silver
Prolific User
Username: colsilver

Post Number: 112
Posted on Tuesday, 22 December, 2009 - 15:48:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Interesting ribbon bow Eivin. Was that for show at the stand, or do you have an trick to keep it there while driving?

Thinking about it, some might use silastic. Brutal me would think of gasket goo or araldite - later removed with a chisel.

Eivin Hjornevik
New User
Username: rrandrr

Post Number: 10
Posted on Tuesday, 22 December, 2009 - 20:14:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

No I dont use it while driving, that will ruin the paintwork (work like a sandpaper with the road dustand wind.Something I discovered, when I did it. Fixed it with turtle color back)

But I mostly uses my 69 Shadow with only flag(fitted to fender with suck pluggs)when I do a wedding job.

It is a lot of rain here in Bergen and the 2 door Corniche with a non sealed top is a bad idea for the overdressed bride :-)

Bill Payne
Experienced User
Username: wimpy

Post Number: 34
Posted on Wednesday, 23 December, 2009 - 00:19:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

The bow doesn't work real well and probably would be a negative for the paintwork @ speed.

Most wedding cars tie the ribbon to the off-side visor rod next to the mount, close the door, continue around the SoE, continue to the driver's door, pull tight, wrap and tie to the visor rod with the rod rotated to the door, rotate the visor to front, and close the door.

In the US, with Cadillacs & Lincolns with hood ornaments, one could raise the hood slightly, having finished tying everything close the hood to have a very tight & crisp ribbon V.

StevenBrown
Frequent User
Username: stevenbrown

Post Number: 67
Posted on Sunday, 21 March, 2010 - 06:07:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I've been looking at doing my own wedding car service in Vancouver, BC. Stopped looking for a Seraph or Spur III, looking at SIII Bentley and Clouds. Good excuse to get a Shadow II as well. Had not thought about a Corniche as an option until seeing this thread.