Homage to TeeOneTopics Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » General Discussion » Threads to 2015 » Homage to TeeOneTopics « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Randy Roberson
Prolific User
Username: wascator

Post Number: 204
Posted on Tuesday, 01 April, 2014 - 13:30:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

and to Mr. Bill Coburn. I have begin rereading from nr. 97 back, and I had forgotten the excellent and most interesting descriptions and photos he offered of the Rolls-Royce V-8 engine overhaul work he performed. I recently posted a request for any such information, and I realize now that very information was not only right under my nose, I had read it sometime in the past. Surely it could not be better!
We Rolls-Royce hobbyists surely owe Mr.Coburn a debt which is beyond repayment. His articles will be useful for us from now on, and will help us keep the Cars purring along.
Thank you Sir!

Geoff Wootton
Grand Master
Username: dounraey

Post Number: 375
Posted on Tuesday, 01 April, 2014 - 14:05:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I'll second that.

richard george yeaman
Prolific User
Username: richyrich

Post Number: 155
Posted on Tuesday, 01 April, 2014 - 20:09:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I would also like to add my two pennies worth of thanks to Mr Coburn and tee one topics, SRH 19529
my 1974 Silver Shadow that I bought three years ago has a fighting chance of being around for a while longer.

Benoit Leus
Prolific User
Username: benoitleus

Post Number: 142
Posted on Tuesday, 01 April, 2014 - 22:03:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I sometimes take it for granted that I find plenty of information in the Tee One topics.
But indeed we are very fortunate that Bill Coburn has taken all that time and effort to create a real treasure trove of information.
A big thank you from me and SRH37431.

Brian Vogel
Grand Master
Username: guyslp

Post Number: 771
Posted on Wednesday, 02 April, 2014 - 08:53:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I've shared these sentiments with Bill Coburn privately and am thrilled to see that someone else has brought their gratitude to a public forum.

He has created a publication of almost inestimable value to those of us trying to keep cars from Crewe alive and well. I hope it also makes him feel genuine pride and satisfaction that he's one of those rare people who've actually created something that will outlive him and be appreciated as much by future custodians as it is by us.

Brian

Omar M. Shams
Grand Master
Username: omar

Post Number: 390
Posted on Wednesday, 02 April, 2014 - 18:01:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

hear hear

Vladimir Kirillov
Unregistered guest
Posted From: 203.170.8.22
Posted on Tuesday, 24 June, 2014 - 10:48:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Bill's Tee one topics are scary to me. Hes not a qualified mechanic. I've read many workshop manuals over 40 years and I am a qualified mechanic. Jaguar, Cadillac and Crewe itself never wrote their helpful information in the simplistic dead easy to follow format with great pictures as set out in Tee one topics. I hope he gets bored not writing the Tee one topics and continues to produce them. They are amazing and spot on. Like I said - scary

(Message approved by david_gore)

Bob uk
Unregistered guest
Posted From: 94.197.122.72
Posted on Wednesday, 25 June, 2014 - 07:53:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I vote we award Bill with tea and medals

RR manuals are better than most

Some Ford ones are so difficult to read it like wading through treacle

British Leyland was good

When I was 16 I memorized the workshop manual for a triumph tizer plug motor bike then I brought a tizer plug and ruined it by taking to pieces still I learnt a lot about why the Japanese motorcycle industry was doing so well

My next bike a Honda cb 160

Things like tee one topics are a God send to everybody because I see sstuff in there that is useful for oother engineering applications

There are 5 holes in my bench with a big one in the middle these fit a.shadow wheel hub

I got that idea from tee one topics

Triumph tiger cub 200 cc of rubbish

(Message approved by david_gore)