Montague Still In Business? Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » General Discussion » Threads to 2015 » Montague Still In Business? « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Carl Jensen
Experienced User
Username: carl_jensen

Post Number: 20
Posted on Wednesday, 05 November, 2008 - 22:19:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I ordered a couple of reconditioned hydraulic pumps from Montague two weeks ago via an Internet order. Got an automated reply, but nothing since then. In the interim, a couple of my emails to them have not been answered.

From what I understand, Montague is a good company but I had to cancel my order yesterday so that I could obtain these parts elsewhere. Does anyone know if Montague is now out of business?

Thanks,
Carl

Craig Knight
New User
Username: grum_ck

Post Number: 5
Posted on Wednesday, 05 November, 2008 - 22:51:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

They are still open and trading… I just gave them a call to check (it’s a local number for me :-).

Hopefully it was just technical issue/mix up in the order!?

If you wanted to chase them, I could give them a call for you.
Cheers,
Craig.

Carl Jensen
Experienced User

Post Number: 21
Posted on Thursday, 06 November, 2008 - 05:01:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Thanks very much Craig. I finally heard back from them today and it was an unfortunate case of delayed communication. It looks as if this is going to cost me several hundred dollars extra due to their mistake, but I realize that these things happen. Thanks again for your post. Carl.

Carl Jensen
Experienced User

Post Number: 22
Posted on Friday, 07 November, 2008 - 00:46:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Good news! Apparently Montague was occupied with a pressing business situation. They are in contact with me and are resolving the problem. They seem to be good people as has been mentioned other places in this forum. Craig - thanks again for your help. Carl.