Politeness is important Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Miscellaneous » Threads to 2010 » Politeness is important « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

John Kilkenny
Frequent User
Username: john_kilkenny

Post Number: 67
Posted on Sunday, 05 October, 2008 - 11:23:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

As a fairly regular contributor to this forum I have noticed an unfortunate tendency for some members to denigrate the opinions of others.

While not doubting the expertise of those who make their living in this area, it would be nice to see a little humility instead of the know-it-all attitude that sometimes prevails.

While the individual responses to queries are often useful the ongoing value of this site is the large volume of valuable technical information collected and transcribed by a small group.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Paul Yorke
Prolific User
Username: paul_yorke

Post Number: 218
Posted on Monday, 06 October, 2008 - 06:00:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Politeness , is indeed important along with friendliness and helpfulness too.

Existing users and Strangers should feel welcome enough on here to ask any question , no matter how basic and obvious it seems to some of the more clued up members.

I would offer the opinion that although the large volume of INvaluable technical information(and still growing, thanks to the diligence and hard work of a few members) is a VERY important part of this site, the equally important purpose of this forum should be to help translate that information into a form that inexperienced enthusiasts can also understand, so they can keep their vehicles in a safe and reliable condition without breaking the bank.

I hope we can all embrace the idea of helpful friendliness to all members whatever their experience level and keep this excellent forum a place where people can turn to for both information AND help.

Best wishes to everyone.