CLEANING THE CHROME ON A ROLLS ROYCE Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Miscellaneous » CLEANING THE CHROME ON A ROLLS ROYCE « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Nigel Blackmore
New User
Username: chester9

Post Number: 2
Posted on Wednesday, 28 December, 2011 - 21:11:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Well I finally found a great Chrome cleaner that really works and does a number on your Chrome bumpers, door entry treads, door handles, front grill and front slats, even the little door trims like the old ash trays. This Chrome cleaner is called Killer Chrome from California used in the custom car world. I have tried many but this works very well with great shine.

Ray Zeffert
New User
Username: rayzef

Post Number: 2
Posted on Saturday, 31 December, 2011 - 10:55:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Nigel
Is it available in Australia?
Thanks

Stefan Morley
Grand Master
Username: myupctoys

Post Number: 332
Posted on Saturday, 31 December, 2011 - 13:10:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi Ray,

I've used http://www.meguiars.com.au/products/car-care/wheels-tyres/all-metal-polish/. Asked the same question a while ago and peoples recommended this. Very happy with the results and there are no abrasives in it, just removed oxidation on chrome surfaces.

Definitely available in Oz

Cheers
Stefan

James Feller
Prolific User
Username: james_feller

Post Number: 177
Posted on Thursday, 19 January, 2012 - 11:26:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

From SSII and beyond dont forget to hit the exhaust extentions with the stuff!! Or sometimes people have put chrome extentions on Clouds et al whatever the case..
Its a little errk of mine that I cannot stand seeing a beautifully presented Shadow II, Spirit or Bentley and then notice the lovely stainless steel exhaust extentions grey and dull with years of dirt and muck all over them. It takes about 5 minutes of application of liberal maguiars chrome paste with a slightly damp cloth and leave to dry and then buff. Looks amazing and really tidies up the rear of the car. Not to mention when washing the car they are then a sinch to keep clean and only require a wipe over with the suddzy sponge you are washing the car with and rinse with hose! very easy!!

J

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Please quote Chassis Numbers for all vehicles mentioned.
Password:
E-mail:
Action: