WIPERS INTERMITTENT WIPE DOES NOT STOP Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Miscellaneous » Threads to 2010 » WIPERS INTERMITTENT WIPE DOES NOT STOP « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Rodney Peach
Experienced User
Username: rodney

Post Number: 46
Posted on Wednesday, 19 March, 2008 - 21:23:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hello All,
I have been trying to sort out this problem , With the wiper switch off the intermittent cycle does not stop, I have looked and the is always current to motor , took this wire off and of course it stops what could it be ? the wiper intermittent unit ? if so where is it I can not locate it on the workshop manuals here on site .My car is a 1974 corniche cabrio DRH16012 .
Thanks all
Rodney
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Paul Yorke
Prolific User
Username: paul_yorke

Post Number: 132
Posted on Saturday, 22 March, 2008 - 08:34:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi Rodney,

There should be a constant feed to the wipers when off, for the park cycle.

It sounds as though it may be the intermittent unit, as long as the switch is ok, ( they don't often give problems.)

I think the wiper control box is probably underneath the top roll on the centre. Not so easy, so have a check around the steering column as well.

There should be two , about 4" x 3" x 1" black and bolted to a frame by two webs on the sides of the units. usually about 5 terminals a two or three wires coming from it.