The_Shadow_Owners'_Companion Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Miscellaneous » Threads to 2010 » The_Shadow_Owners'_Companion « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Bill Coburn
Username: bill_coburn

Post Number: 866
Posted on Tuesday, 27 February, 2007 - 12:20:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I have reviewed this new book by Jon Waples of Detroit Michigan, in Issue 60 of Tee One Topics. It is a very useful collection of Shadow procedures. See www.sherbournemews.com have your credit card ready and you should have the book in 6 days!

Robert in Spain
Unregistered guest
Posted From: 108.red-80-36-61.staticip.rima-tde.net
Posted on Wednesday, 27 June, 2007 - 01:03:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I've bought it. Excellent book for maintenance, only surpassed by your even better Tee One Topics collection. Now looking for "from the shadow's corner".

(Message approved by david_gore)

KC Saayman
Frequent User
Username: kc_saayman

Post Number: 61
Posted on Tuesday, 14 August, 2007 - 14:48:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Thank you for bringing this book to my attention. It is of great value to anyone who likes to tinker on their Shadow, and if you read this Forum you are most likely a tinkerer. The book tells you what the workshop manual assumes you should know.

Also, I must mention that Jon Waples is a true gentleman. The book I received was bound incorrectly. I brought it to his attention but suggested that I will live with it because returning it for replacement from South Africa will cost me more than the book is worth. He insisted on sending me another copy anyway without me having to return the incorrect copy.

Regards

KC

Jan Forrest
New User
Username: got_one

Post Number: 9
Posted on Saturday, 02 February, 2008 - 23:38:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I got mine last week So far I've just flicked through it but I can already see that it will be invaluable as I service/maintain The Old girl. As previously mentioned the Tee-One Topics are just as useful!
Many thanks to the author

Jan Forrest
Experienced User
Username: got_one

Post Number: 19
Posted on Sunday, 24 February, 2008 - 00:06:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

My copy of this esteemed tome has paid for itself already
There was I, Rolls Royce pushed ignominiously pushed into a corner of the filling station forecourt with a starter that wouldn't.
Fortunately I was just returning from one of my monthly shopping trips to Belgium and I'd taken the 'Companion' along as a little light reading material.
While I waited for the tow-truck to come from "Just around the corner" I idly flicked through the pages and eventually alighted on the section relating to the starter motor. The words fairly leapt from the page! Oil contamination ... of course!!!
Unfortunately, to save on boot space (I've lost a lot to the 100 litre LPG tank) I'd left all my tools at home bar the supplied jack and wheel brace. Even so I jacked the car up on the right side so I could worm my way underneath and proceeded to belt seven bells out of the main power cable nut with the brace handle.
It worked and I was able to cancel the tow-truck without charge.
Why be without your copy? You know it makes sense!