Silver Shadow advice needed. Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Miscellaneous » Threads to 2010 » Silver Shadow advice needed. « Previous Next »

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

KC - South Africa
Unregistered guest
Posted From: 196.30.245.149
Posted on Wednesday, 08 October, 2003 - 06:15:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi Graeme

This may be totally unrelated to the clicking sound heard by others on their cars, but I had a similar problem.

One of my relays made a clicking sound when the doors were all open. I thought that the interior light relay was faulty. After some investigation I found a problem with one of the Bakelite fuses. They consist of plastic holders with fuse wire wrapped around them. On the interior light Bakelite fuse I found that there was only one strand, and not two as on all the other Bakelite fuses.

The relay was therefore not getting enough power when all the doors were open, causing the relay to click loudly.

Regards
KC

Mark Tomlinson
Yet to post message
Username: mark_tomlinson

Post Number: 1
Posted on Sunday, 12 October, 2003 - 23:52:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

the clicking noise you have may be the high presure brakes building preasure as mine does it and goes within two minute of starting and sometimes it does not happen at all.

Graeme Söderlund
Experienced User
Username: graemeaus

Post Number: 9
Posted on Monday, 04 August, 2003 - 19:29:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I read a posting last night where-in there was mention made of a "clicking noise"from under the bonnet of the poster's Shadow. I don't recall who wrote the article but am interested to know more about this problem.

Perhaps Bill or David know of the article or even what the noise is? I gather from the article that this noise is common in Shadows, is this the case?

Graeme .