Top roll Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Miscellaneous » Threads to 2010 » Top roll « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Julian Moreno
New User
Username: morenoj

Post Number: 8
Posted on Sunday, 27 May, 2007 - 21:59:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I am trying to take out of the car the top roll of my car SSII 79, I have the CD´s, but chapter S 11 dont come, can somebody help me to take it out? Thank you very much
Julián

Adrian Jump
Unregistered guest
Posted From: 217.206.30.16
Posted on Wednesday, 30 May, 2007 - 21:25:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Not done it myself yet but someone will soon tell you. The reason chapter S11 is not there is because it was never written! I bought the workshop manuals from a bentley authorised dealer for £180 (as opposed to the £300 the RREC in the UK wanted) and was suprised to find the chapter on body largely missing, bad news if you have a corniche convertible. I wrote to Rolls Royce at Crewe ( I like to live in the old days) and they looked into it for me and wrote back informing me that they were indeed surprised themselves to find that although the contents page exists, the chapters do not, they were never written! They were very helpful in supplying me the relevant pages from the Shadow 1 manual but did point out that there will obviously be differences. As a result of my letter they were quick to contact the RREC to advise them they should inform potential purchasers of Shadow 11 manuals that the bodywork section is missing, a note to this effect was then printed in the RREC's literature on goodies available from the club shop. I wonder if they also contacted dealers? I give them their due in that they acted very well when finding their forebears never wrote the chapter.

Adrian U.K.

(Message approved by david_gore)

Paul Yorke
Experienced User
Username: paul_yorke

Post Number: 48
Posted on Thursday, 31 May, 2007 - 17:44:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Julian,

Of the top of my head -

Remove the wood around the speedos ( 3 bronze screws and cup washers) Be VERY gentle with the wood and eas it out EVENLY from the top edge.

Open the fuse box lid. On the wing that runs down from the top roll I think there is a scew or bolt in there.

Remove the knee roll in front of the driver - a scew mirroring the previous one.

Where you removed the dash wood, there are about 4 or 5 screws.

I think that may be it, but there may be another behind the passanger map light switch.

I have a used top roll somewhere - I shall have a quick look later and double check.