Shadow 1 ball joints Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Miscellaneous » Threads to 2010 » Shadow 1 ball joints « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

kevin steel
Frequent User
Username: kevin_steel

Post Number: 16
Posted on Tuesday, 28 February, 2006 - 23:23:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

hi gentlemen,do any of you guys know of anywhere that i can buy a upper and a lower ball joint for my shadow 1 and the approx cost please and does anyone have any information on my car srh13720 many thanks regards kev

Richard Treacy
Grand Master
Username: richard_treacy

Post Number: 963
Posted on Wednesday, 01 March, 2006 - 01:08:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Your ball joints are adjustable and repairable unless badly shot or rusted due to long-term split boots. If the rubber boot is split, you will need a repair kit. If you have time, it is best to order in the UK. You can order by telephone, web or email with your credit card for same-day despatch. Expect delivery in 4 days. As benchmark undiscounted list prices:

Flying Spares offer:

Repair kit £30
Upper ball joint £160, or £75 used and rebuilt
Lower ball joint £130, or £60 used and rebuilt
Shock absorber ball joint £44

Introcar:

Repair kit £35
Upper ball joint £127
Lower ball joint £100
Shock absorber ball joint £38

If you compare these prices to local Australian outlets you will see a marked price difference.

There are other very reliable outlets, including Montagues, and main dealers such as Broughtons and Jack Barclays are also usually competitive.

There is a cheaper outlet I shall not name as it is unreliable.

I buy everything from Introcar into Australia and Europe. They are very reliable, and are run by a New Zealander, John Tupper, a really great guy who really knows his business inside out.

RT.

kevin steel
Frequent User
Username: kevin_steel

Post Number: 17
Posted on Sunday, 05 March, 2006 - 15:22:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

hi richard
thanks very much for the information you have given me,i have placed an order for the repair kits and will do the repair when time permits,once again many thanks regards kev

Bill Coburn
Username: bill_coburn

Post Number: 614
Posted on Monday, 06 March, 2006 - 23:28:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Interesting. I have just pulled the lower ball joint from a pristine Shadow II and the ball has ground its way through the plastic seat and cut out a nice furrow in the cup.