Tee One Topics Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Miscellaneous » Threads to 2010 » Tee One Topics « Previous Next »

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Bill Coburn
Username: bill_coburn

Post Number: 569
Posted on Saturday, 10 December, 2005 - 16:01:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Issue 48 hit the stands today folks - sorry for the delay

Bill Coburn
Grand Master

Post Number: 460
Posted on Friday, 08 July, 2005 - 02:15:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Quite a few contributors to this forum also receive a monthly newsletter 'Tee One Topics'. This has been an effort I have made over the past 4 years to share what little knowledge I have of our cars and the material I manage to glean by fair means and foul! The content is 99% technical!

Most of the 44 issues I have compiled have been printed by a mentor who has the equipment for A3 printing and collating. But my mate and I are still saddled with stapling, folding, addressing and posting over 150 copies all over the world.

I have done this at my own expense except for one year when I came under the spell of a dedicated organiser, the efforts of whom some of you will have witnessed. That chapter is closed thank goodness. I don't mind the expense, but my life only comes in 24 hour packages and if I can reduce or even eliminate the hard copy production it will be a great help.

To this end I have, thanks to a number of very patient friends and indeed the father of one, finally settled on a file reducer, which allows issues to be sent by email. And I instance the current issue which has already been printed. This was 22MB and has been reduced to 2 MB! The reduction in quality is indiscernable. And email of course will allow transmission of colour, something I was not prepared to offer in hard copy except with the event of the Canberra fires.

I would like to have put the current issue on here as an attachment but even at 2MB it is too large. If you are a recipient you will find my email address on the back of your last issue. Please let me know by email if you want to receive the eCopy (?)and I will put you on the list. And if anyone else wants it simply email me through the contact system.

Richard Treacy
Grand Master
Username: richard_treacy

Post Number: 838
Posted on Friday, 08 July, 2005 - 03:51:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Bill,

I shall email you separately.

My offer here is to post the TeeOne editions for up to 6 months on a dedicated web page within my personal FTP domain for downloading to save email space. I would post a hit counter on the site either for your private use or for public display. The counter is backed up by full statistics on source, referral link, duration and so on. Depending on the subscription status, the access may be password protected if you wish.

For those with email size limits, this may be the solution.

What do you think ?

RT.

John Kilkenny
New User
Username: john_kilkenny

Post Number: 3
Posted on Monday, 11 July, 2005 - 21:08:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

As a subscriber to Tee One Topics I have had much benefit from the articles, both technical and general, as well as the maintenance hints and instructions that have been in the forty four issues so far. Now that the Topics are available via e-mail (current issue is 2.3 Mb) I believe the forum administration would do a useful service to its members and interested readers by making the Topics available on the site.
John

Robert Wort
Grand Master
Username: robert_wort

Post Number: 223
Posted on Thursday, 14 July, 2005 - 10:57:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

A big thank you Bill for Tee One topics. The E copy facility will now be of benefit to many more RR/B owners and enthusiasts.
Anyone that declines to be on Bill's mailing list would surely not be serious about their motorcars. We now have a little (but growing) self help chapter in Victoria and as we gain some experience and someone with a camera, I hope to contribute some useful info to Bill's publication and this forum.
Thank you again Bill.

Mark Herbstreit
New User
Username: mark_herbstreit

Post Number: 3
Posted on Saturday, 16 July, 2005 - 00:40:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Yes thank you Bill. I recieved my copy today. With Melbourne weather at the momement it's much more pleasant pacing up and down in front of the inbox rather than outside at the mail box!

Bill Coburn
Grand Master

Post Number: 465
Posted on Saturday, 16 July, 2005 - 00:49:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Very droll Mark and thanks for your encouragement

Glenn Amer
Experienced User
Username: recordo

Post Number: 14
Posted on Saturday, 16 July, 2005 - 01:02:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi folks - Is there any self-help group in Sydney like the one Robert describes in Victoria? regards, Glenn.

David Gore
Username: david_gore

Post Number: 488
Posted on Saturday, 16 July, 2005 - 10:14:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi Glenn,

The Sydney and Melbourne help groups operate within the RROC[Australia] as a specific Club activity for Club members for a number of reasons especially in regard to insurance coverage. If you are not a member of the NSW Branch; I suggest you should join and participate in the technical seesions which occur on a regular basis as well as making contact with fellow club members who can help you when needed.