Hot Start Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Miscellaneous » Threads to 2010 » Hot Start « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Craig Calvin
Unregistered guest
Posted From: 210.0.185.70
Posted on Wednesday, 23 July, 2003 - 12:07:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I am having problem with my silver spirit starting when the engine is hot. I have maintained this car in execlent condition changed numerouse parts sparks, fuel injectors,flushed tank, cleanfuel lines etc and still this problem persists can anyone help

David Gore
Username: david_gore

Post Number: 72
Posted on Wednesday, 23 July, 2003 - 16:35:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Craig,

See response to your other post regarding loss of engine power - I think you will find both problems have a common cause.

Craig Calvin
Unregistered guest
Posted on Wednesday, 23 July, 2003 - 18:13:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

David Thanks again. I will be working on the issue of getting a laptop hooked up been thinking about having a laptop in the car anyway monitoring all the car performance together with internet access, email and of course ebay.. sounds cool and gives me something to do.

Mark tomlinson
Unregistered guest
Posted From: 211.28.232.59
Posted on Wednesday, 23 July, 2003 - 20:36:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I remember many years ago when my father had similar troubles with his old Valiant he wrapped an old muffler bandage around the fuel line nearest the motor and fixed the problem instantly as the fuel was vaporising when the motor was turned off.Hope it is that simple for you.

denis
Unregistered guest
Posted From: 205.188.209.10
Posted on Thursday, 24 July, 2003 - 09:32:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Craig,
One other thing you might want to check is the fuel accumulator. If it leaks, the line to the enegine depressurizes and allows the fuel to vaporise.
I had this problem with my '80 SSII. Since I replaced the accumulator, I haven't had any problems....hope this helps.

craig calvin
Unregistered guest
Posted on Wednesday, 30 July, 2003 - 15:13:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Denis Thanks I have changed the accumulator, fuel injectors, fuel pump, flushed the tank and practically evryother part I could locate and think might be the problem, Changed the spark, put new leads and other electricla parts thinking this might be a problem too but all to no avail. But noiw I have the manual I will go back and review what I have done I actually need to get a diagnostic tool and hook it up as it might be a timming problem.