RR Corniche Conv. 1976 Aircondition p... Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Miscellaneous » Threads to 2010 » RR Corniche Conv. 1976 Aircondition problem « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Eivin Hjornevik
New User
Username: rrandrr

Post Number: 6
Posted on Thursday, 22 September, 2005 - 11:40:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi again Folks !

Why is there not a tecnical forum for Corniche ?

Finaly my Corniche arrived from US.
But there is a Problem, The heating aircondition system is out of order.
I have checked in my repair manuel (up to chnr.30 000 mine is 23 777)but it seems to cover more or less nothing on the complex system.

The fan is running at full speed in all 4 positin lov, auto, full, def.
It does blows cold air from aircondition so that works fine.
Anyone know how it basic works ?
Is it transistor contolled ?
there is a lot of temperatur sensors inside the car.

Regards
Eivin

(Message edited by david_gore on September 24, 2005)

David Gore
Username: david_gore

Post Number: 511
Posted on Thursday, 22 September, 2005 - 17:00:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi Eivin,

It seems your car may have the Shadow II air conditioning system in which case the Shadow I manual will not help at all. As you may know, upgrades were tested in the Corniches before being incorporated in the standard Shadow range.

Does your car have "thumb wheels" which you use to adjust the air conditioning settings when in the "auto" mode?

Eivin Hjornevik
New User

Post Number: 7
Posted on Thursday, 22 September, 2005 - 23:38:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi David

no thumb wheels that I know, all controlls are seen on the picture.
Where is it placed on the shadow II ?

The repair manual says "cover all modells including the corniche up to 1980"

I know it was tryed out on the Corniche before placed in RR SS II.

But it seems so komplex with all those Relays +++ ;-)

Regards
Eivin

David Gore

Post Number: 513
Posted on Friday, 23 September, 2005 - 21:48:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi Eivin,

Sorry I might have mislead you re the "thumb wheels"; do your airconditioning controls look like the ones below?

controls

Kind regards David

Eivin Hjornevik
New User

Post Number: 8
Posted on Friday, 23 September, 2005 - 22:33:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi David

Yes the three on the right is correct.
It is a photo of them above with my car ??

Regards
Eivin

David Gore

Post Number: 514
Posted on Saturday, 24 September, 2005 - 17:25:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi Eivin,

My apologies - I missed the second photo by not scrolling far enough across the page and have fixed this.

As I suspected your car has the Shadow II air conditioning system which would make it either a very early "test vehicle" or it has been retro-fitted in the USA at some stage. The Chassis Cards for your car would tell all and make very interesting reading especially the testing pre-release of the car for delivery. You need the Shadow II manual for the relevant information on the system and a wiring diagram almost certainly will not be available if this was an early test vehicle as the components would have been placed wherever a space was available.

Please contact me using the following link and I will arrange to get the necessary information to you:

http://au.rrforums.net/cgi-bin/forum/board-profile.pl?action=view_profile&profile=david_gore-MODERATOR

Kind regards
David