How can i.... in Park Ward 25/30 Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Miscellaneous » Threads to 2010 » How can i.... in Park Ward 25/30 « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Bruno Vieira (217.129.7.108)
Posted on Monday, 30 December, 2002 - 10:56:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Greetings from Portugal!

I´m having trouble in taking out a small crome cap from the right rear whell of a Rolls Royce Park Ward 25/30 1937 Limo, to substitute the roller wich i think remains behind the crome cap. Can you help me to find some site where i could get any information about this? I´m also looking for the instruction manual of the car, wich is very difficult to find where i live. The attatched files are two pictures of the car, and the crome cap that i mencioned. My e-mail is ozone1pt@yahoo.com

Regards.

Bill Coburn (203.51.26.246)
Posted on Wednesday, 01 January, 2003 - 10:37:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Bruno.

If you empty your mail box I can get some information to you!

Bill Coburn (203.51.26.246)
Posted on Wednesday, 01 January, 2003 - 18:37:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Now that I have had a look at your photo which is not very clear it appears that you have yet to remove the grease cap retaining nut which has a right hand thread on the left hand side of the vehicle. This in turn is retained by a wire clip which will need to be prized out. I will email the full instructions to you tonight. Don't be overawed by the need for special tools mostwise you can adapt or if necessary have them made up.

Roy Tilley (202.27.176.157)
Posted on Thursday, 02 January, 2003 - 13:35:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Bruno,
I received your message via my friend Chris Barnett and when I replied my message was rejected probably because your mail box was full. Anyway, if you refer to
1. Haynes and Grigsby's "Small Horse-power Brake system" and
2. RREC Bulletin 250, Jan/Feb 2002 p.34, you will find information on dismantling rear hubs.
Regards
Roy Tilley, NZRR&BC