Blanking off rear height control? Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Miscellaneous » Threads to 2010 » Blanking off rear height control? « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Clive Brown
Unregistered guest
Posted From: 24.108.103.198
Posted on Monday, 11 July, 2005 - 16:57:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi Gentlemen, hope you can help. I am experiencing a very perplexing problem with my 71 SS-1 SRH10100 . Rear calipers on front brakes are dragging or not fully releasing. I can start the car and let it run for whatever length of time without depressing the brake pedal and the wheels turn easily by hand.I believe this eliminates a stuck distribution valve? I have replaced the rubber hoses going to all four front calipers. Rebuilt all front calipers ( can push pistons back in by hand after depressurising system and cracking bleed nipple). Have recently had both accumulators and valve/switches rebuilt. Recently had rear springs replaced and standing height set by well respected expert. The syptoms; after applying brakes the front brakes do not seem to fully release. The height control system seems to have quit operating ( makes no adjustment if four of us sit in trunk!) . Height control solenoid valve activates (I can hear it click) when park or neutral selected. After reading many articles and posts including Cal Wests 'From the Shadows Corner' I suspect that I have a blockage in the height control solenoid valve. If this is the case Cal states that high pressure could be feeding back through the low pressure return line that is connected to the return line from the front calipers. To test this theory I would like to blank off the high pressure line feeding into the control solenoid valve. Can anybody tell me the easiest way to do this and or make any other suggestions? I am considering inserting a suitably sized ball bearing in the inlet side of the control solenoid? Anybody know what size? Thanks for any help, Clive Brown, British Columbia, Canada.

(Message approved by david_gore)