RR Corniche Convertible Hood oil & Ra... Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Miscellaneous » RR Corniche Convertible Hood oil & Rams « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

George Constantine
Experienced User
Username: theo

Post Number: 17
Posted on Sunday, 11 October, 2015 - 08:11:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi all,

Does anyone know which oil is best for a 1979 Corniche Convertible Electric Hood hydraulic pump, the type of oil recommended in the manual is no longer available. Also I have a "lazy ram/cylinder" that operates the hood, the left hand side ram only starts to push up about 3 seconds after the right hand side. This is while the rams are disconnected from the hood frame. There are no leaks and the pump reservoir is full of oil. If the rams need overhauling/replacing, does anyone have any advice on where I could have this done in West London? I appreciate any help.

Thank you

George

Brian Vogel
Grand Master
Username: guyslp

Post Number: 1702
Posted on Sunday, 11 October, 2015 - 09:04:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

George,

I can't help you with repair information for the convertible top rams in the UK, but I can for your hydraulic oil options. Download the RR & Bentley Parts, Repair, Restoration & Other Resources Compilation and search for "Corniche Top Hydraulic Oil Options".

Brian

George Constantine
Experienced User
Username: theo

Post Number: 18
Posted on Sunday, 11 October, 2015 - 20:45:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Thanks very much Brian, I will check the oils you mention out. Very useful site for future items.

George

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Please quote Chassis Numbers for all vehicles mentioned.
Password:
E-mail:
Action: