Calling quits Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Miscellaneous » Threads to 2010 » Calling quits « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Mujahid Khan
Experienced User
Username: anjumkha

Post Number: 33
Posted on Friday, 04 August, 2006 - 13:01:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

SSII 1977 SRF30074

Dear friends:
I have enjoyed the forums as well as learned a lot from you. But, I am doing something which I normally do not do: I am calling quits and planning to sell the car.

We moved to New Jersey from Kentucky this week, owing to my son's education. In NJ I do not have the luxury of multiple car garages as I had in KY. Moreover the car started to heat up, as you all know.

I fixed the warped heads, worked diligently during hot nights until 3 am. On the last day of work I broke a brass tube which connects the carburetor body to the out-flow filter. I was stumped, because everything was ready.

Tragedy! The timing was such that we had to move that week to NJ. So I transported the car to a friend’s workshop in a place called Hazard in KY. Yes, Hazard.

While in NJ, I ordered the tube from Albers. I traveled again from NJ to KY (700 miles). Today I worked all day on the car, fixing odds and ends but succeeded in breaking the new tube ---again!

I must join my new job in a week’s time. My wife and kids have had enough.

I have spent a good part of my vacation sweating.

I knew that these cars were trouble. But what is a masochist supposed to do?

M Khan