What colour Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Miscellaneous » What colour « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Bob uk
Unregistered guest
Posted From: 94.197.122.72
Posted on Tuesday, 19 August, 2014 - 08:05:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

If going for original. Paint plate underside left bonnet attached to.

Top number is top color a bottom is bottom colour if the same then the car is one color.

I have a degree in stating the bleeding obvious.

Imo. I like peacock blue the best but there again I saw one in-------.

Easy colors to spray are solid. Black will spray one coat over white and actually work. Taxis and hearses do that regular in the carriage trade.
White needs more so always use light color primer not white because it will be hard to see what's what

Metallics can been sprayed by a diyer use clear over base. To get a super shine, the base coat is satin finish so on the last coat add 30% clear to the base coat. Don't forget the paint system and make sure that it is ok to do this. Ask supplier.

16.7 MILLION colors are availble. I want more.

Good Imo colors
Black. Brewster Green regency red. Primrose Caribbean blue peacock blue orange gold. Le mans blue. White cream midnight blue.
Bad imo colours
Silver ironically.
Chest nut over willow very 1970 beige.

Buying paint,
make sure all paints are compatible with your paint system.
Tell the supplier that it is RR and the conditions the car will be sprayed in and ask for his opinion. If he asks what's a paint system, then maybe he not clued up about paint also get the spec sheets. UK regs he must supply spec sheets photocopy will do. Spec have spraying pressures and other notes. Scan read for CYANIDE.
If cyanide is in the paint then do not use with out a spray booth and air fed deep sea drivers suit.

(Message approved by david_gore)

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Please quote Chassis Numbers for all vehicles mentioned.
Password:
E-mail:
Action: