Wheel bolt pattern Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Miscellaneous » Threads to 2010 » Wheel bolt pattern « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Ben Center
Unregistered guest
Posted From: 68.47.79.62
Posted on Friday, 11 July, 2003 - 12:46:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Does any one know if the wheel bolt pattern matches any of the american car or truck bolt patterns to use a different style wheel on a mkvi?

David Gore
Username: david_gore

Post Number: 62
Posted on Friday, 11 July, 2003 - 20:01:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Ben,

This is not as easy as you may think. Not only do you need to measure the diameter of the circle bounded by the wheel studs and count the number of studs; you also need to know the rim offset from the centreline of the hub mounting face. This is very important to avoid the wheel and tyre coming into contact with bodywork/suspension components. Rim width will also be relevant as the Mark VI was designed long before the wider tyres of today were thought of and suitable after-market wheels may have rims that are too wide for the largest tyres that can fit the car. Tyre safety requirements impose restrictions on the rim width/tyre width combinations that can be safely used.

Following diagrams should allow you to get the right information to give to potential suppliers:
STUD DIAMETER
RIM OFFSET

Summit Racing Catalogue is acknowledged as the source of these diagrams.

Richard Treacy
Prolific User
Username: richard_treacy

Post Number: 35
Posted on Friday, 11 July, 2003 - 22:32:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I had a set of 15x7 inch wheels made for my R-Type years ago. The bolt pattern is the same as on a Suzuki 4 wheel drive, and I had them made to have the same offset "A" in the above Summit Racing diagram.