Rear suspension woes Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Miscellaneous » Rear suspension woes « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

David Michael Leedy
Experienced User
Username: dleedy

Post Number: 13
Posted on Sunday, 03 February, 2013 - 05:05:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi - My Shadow has a definite knocking sound in the rear left. When I drive and hit a bump, it sounds like there is something clanging in the trunk (boot?)...I'm almost certain that it's a broken shock and was wondering how complicated it is to fix. Has anyone experienced similar and if so, is it just undoing bolts and taking out the broken shock and replacing it with a new one or due to the hydraulics is it much more complicated?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Paul Yorke
Grand Master
Username: paul_yorke

Post Number: 950
Posted on Sunday, 03 February, 2013 - 07:09:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi David, Look up Bill Coburns Tee One for a more down to earth instructions than the manual.

However, do try undoing the height control linkage and then taking if for a drive. If the noise goes it may be a hydraulic problem instead.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Please quote Chassis Numbers for all vehicles mentioned.
Password:
E-mail:
Action: