Arnage T HVAC Not Working Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Post-Spirit » Arnage T HVAC Not Working « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Omar M. Shams
Grand Master
Username: omar

Post Number: 2200
Posted on Monday, 03 April, 2023 - 21:33:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I have a 2006 Arnage T with only 9000 Km on the clock. The car is like new. The AC system stopped working a few days after I got the car. The fuses are all in good shape but the HVAC panel is totally dead and nothing on that system works. Any ideas where I should be looking?

David Gore
Username: david_gore

Post Number: 4185
Posted on Tuesday, 04 April, 2023 - 13:42:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Omar,

My suspicion would be an electrical system failure due to lack of use of the vehicle for long periods without regular starting and running of the vehicle electrical system.

This lack of regular use without periodic actuation of charging and activation of the system components could be causing premature failure of components associated with component breakdown from lack of use and voltage surges if voltage fluctuations occur as the electrical system tries to recover.

Even if the vehicle has been stored with a "float charger" to maintain battery condition, component degradation may still occur from other factors. My suspicion is the HVAC system may be more susceptible to this problem due to its complexity and use of internal components supplied by non RR/B approved suppliers.

Omar M. Shams
Grand Master

Post Number: 2201
Posted on Tuesday, 04 April, 2023 - 15:10:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Thanks David.
Yes we are trying to go through system one item at a time to get to the root cause. I was just wondering if this was a common failure or not. The whole panel is dead - almost looks like the main fuse supplying power to the unit has failed, although all fuses check out ok.

Omar M. Shams
Grand Master

Post Number: 2202
Posted on Thursday, 06 April, 2023 - 17:53:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I have solved the problem.
The owners manual and the workshop manual both explain how to reset the HVAC system if it were to die completely. There are a series of steps you need to follow and depending on the climatic conditions where you live , this may be 3, 4 or 5 steps that you need to follow. A sequence of button pushes is all that is required and it comes back to life.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Please quote Chassis Numbers for all vehicles mentioned.
Password:
E-mail:
Action: