Arnage red label head gaskets Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Post-Spirit » Arnage red label head gaskets « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

gordon le feuvre
Experienced User
Username: triumph

Post Number: 13
Posted on Sunday, 26 May, 2013 - 10:47:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Could any one point me in right direction for info to do above please. Have done earlier cars, but EXACTLY what needs to come off to get at heads!

gordon le feuvre
Experienced User
Username: triumph

Post Number: 18
Posted on Tuesday, 01 October, 2013 - 06:07:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Found info, not job for faint hearted. "book time " is 40hrs. It is pretty straight forward, as long as EVERYTHING is marked on removal and LOADS of pics taken. Stripping is in about 5 separate layers. Coil packs, drain coolant+ charge cooler, alt, 'fridge, air pump and adjusters/shims/brackets. Then charge cooler/throttle housing, then turbo and all associated exhaust cross pipes, then plenum chambers/ram pipes, then exhaust manifolds. Now you get to see heads, and just take off rockers/pushrods and head bolts. It is not easy, but with patience and time it is achievable!!

Brian Vogel
Grand Master
Username: guyslp

Post Number: 638
Posted on Tuesday, 01 October, 2013 - 06:28:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Gordon,

Just FYI, someone on rollsroyceforums.com just did this job. The thread in question is here.

I have had repeated private e-mail correspondence with the gentleman who did this job as a DIY project after getting 5-figure estimates from every shop that could do it. If you wish to PM me with an e-mail address you can be reached at I could make an electronic introduction (or at least try to).

Brian
--
A great deal of intelligence can be invested in ignorance when the need for illusion is deep.
~ Saul Bellow, _To Jerusalem and Back_

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Please quote Chassis Numbers for all vehicles mentioned.
Password:
E-mail:
Action: