Spirit - Part No. UD22286 Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Spirit Series » Threads to 2015 » Spirit - Part No. UD22286 « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Peter Talbot
New User
Username: squerryes

Post Number: 2
Posted on Thursday, 08 July, 2010 - 12:10:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Need some advice here please. In an 100K mile Service Kit, my friend Rod in France has been supplied (at exorbitant cost)by Flying Spares with Part No. UD 22286 - hose w/tap. Query: where does this fit? - can't find any location on my own Spirit for this part. Peter

Richard Treacy
Grand Master
Username: richard_treacy

Post Number: 2169
Posted on Thursday, 08 July, 2010 - 12:33:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

That's the heater system coolant (<<water>>) tap hose for an early SZ (pre-20,000-series). See below. Coolant hoses are best replaced at 100,000km, 6 years, or earlier.

Richard Treacy
Grand Master

Post Number: 2170
Posted on Thursday, 08 July, 2010 - 12:41:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Here is a wider view to give you an orientation.

Richard Treacy
Grand Master

Post Number: 2171
Posted on Thursday, 08 July, 2010 - 12:46:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

ps: you will find all these drawings in the Technical Library, SZ cars, Spare Parts.

www.rrtechnical.info

Peter Talbot
New User

Post Number: 4
Posted on Thursday, 08 July, 2010 - 13:08:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Richard - thanks your response to my query but I'm still somewhat confused. Rod has received 10" of 1" hose at a price of £68.40 + VAT + delivery but NO tap and it dosen't look from the diagrams you kindly provided that there actually is a tap (I take a tap to be an inline fluid flow restriction/stop valve of some kind). Peter

Richard Treacy
Grand Master

Post Number: 2172
Posted on Thursday, 08 July, 2010 - 14:41:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

That sounds about correct price-wise for a bespoke SZ hose, although I expect that, for many owners, a length of generic hose may do the trick instead of that special pre-formed one. The hose w/tap means Hose Water Tap, ie the hose for the water tap - not hose and water tap. A new water tap would almost certainly be priced at much more than just 70 quid. The coolant (water) tap itself features in the lower portions of the above diagrammes.

RT.

Paul Yorke
Grand Master
Username: paul_yorke

Post Number: 616
Posted on Thursday, 08 July, 2010 - 18:29:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Peter,

Has the hose got a couple of angles in it? Tricky to replace with a straight hose. :-(

Unfortunately shaped hoses and plastic items are incredibly expensive these days.

I had to replace some Seraph heater tap hoses recently. It had four, the longest was 7", the cheapest was £90! £400 to change 4 hoses . . . your friend can count himself lucky!

You will probably find that it isn't exorbitant at all but a Bentley only OE part at stealer prices and I wouldn't mind betting that the heater tap (metal) costs less than the hose!

With more commonly supplied top & bottom hoses Flying Spares (& probably others) Have make pattern ones that they can supply at 1/2 the Bentley prices.

Nigel Johnson
Experienced User
Username: nigel_johnson

Post Number: 43
Posted on Thursday, 08 July, 2010 - 19:08:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I've just paid around £50 for a full set of heater and radiator hoses for my 1969 Rover Three Thousand Five. Manufactured as original.
Regards, Nigel.

Chris Browne
New User
Username: chrisb

Post Number: 8
Posted on Thursday, 08 July, 2010 - 19:15:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hello Peter,
I have recently replaced the heater hoses on my Shadow 2 and yes, the prices for a bit of rubber tube can be jaw dropping.For information and clarity, the water tap sits under a rectangular black plastic cover just in front of the near side spring pot and has two hoses connected to it - one connection is vertically down and the other horizontally back.It is just an on/off valve operated by a cable from one of the actuators for the aircon which is inside the car. Two hoses attach to the tap - one should be vaguely question mark shaped(the one one you quoted the part number for) and the other one is perfectly straight and connects the back of the water tap to the heater core in the bulkhead and runs beneath the hydraulic fluid reservoir. To make you feel a bit better, the straight piece of hose cost me £53.79 inc. VAT!
Kind regards,
Chris

Peter Talbot
New User

Post Number: 5
Posted on Thursday, 08 July, 2010 - 19:52:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I just knew joining this Forum was a good idea !!
Thanks, everyone, for your responses to my query.
Peter