Bentley turbo RL 1996 SCBZP15C0TCH5... Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Spirit Series » Threads to 2015 » Bentley turbo RL 1996 SCBZP15C0TCH58201 « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Les Horne
Unregistered guest
Posted From: 81.158.140.196
Posted on Friday, 16 July, 2010 - 19:47:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

can anyone help with an air con/ fan control problem. I have no fans or air con ,the controls seem to do nothing. I also suspect the air paddles are not working as I have continuos warm air creeping through the vents, have checked the fuses and removed and tested the relays. some sort of location chart for the variouse modules etc would help. cheers Les

(Message approved by david_gore)

Paul Yorke
Grand Master
Username: paul_yorke

Post Number: 625
Posted on Friday, 16 July, 2010 - 22:38:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Les,

here you go.

You'd probably be best getting a manual though for all the pages of details.

application/pdf
Air Con.pdf (715.6 k)

Peter Talbot
Experienced User
Username: squerryes

Post Number: 15
Posted on Saturday, 17 July, 2010 - 00:53:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Les - Paul's selling himself a bit short here. I recently purchased a manual for my 1986 Silver Spirit from www.EverythingRollsRoyce.com - the site takes a bit of navigating but you'll find Manuals there. It was as available as a download but I got it on DVD as my broadband connection is compromised by miles of copper cable. Mine came to some 1500 pages,lots of bedtime reading, suggest you get one for your car,should help solve your problem. Suprise,suprise,Pauls Email address is : Paul@EverythngRollsRoyce.com.

Peter

Paul Yorke
Grand Master

Post Number: 626
Posted on Saturday, 17 July, 2010 - 09:26:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Thank you for the kind words Peter.

Lee, if you have problems finding one or the page Peter is referring to:

http://www.everythingrollsroyce.com/Royce_Workshop_Manuals.htm

Cheers.

Peter Talbot
Experienced User
Username: squerryes

Post Number: 17
Posted on Saturday, 17 July, 2010 - 10:06:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Lee

I've got very similar problems with the air con on my 1986 Silver Spirit (along with an undefined coolant loss of which I just can't find the source) but I've taken the easy way out. Charles, Ghost Motors, collected D41FUL earlier and I've asked him to sort things out. Will post outcome on this Forum when fault rectifications completed.

Peter

Les horne
Unregistered guest
Posted From: 81.31.117.38
Posted on Monday, 19 July, 2010 - 23:16:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Thanks guys, I can now have a look at these. I have just to find the air con micro pros board, it looks as if its behind the centre console, god knows how you access it though without having to rip the consol out, any clues ?? thanks again all. i will keep you posted as I progress, it might help someone else in the future... Les

Clive Lungmuss
New User
Username: clive_lungmuss

Post Number: 2
Posted on Wednesday, 21 July, 2010 - 00:13:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hello Les,
I have come on to this thread as I had reason to investigate the failure of the Switch Thermal Timer on my 1988 Bentley Turbo. If the layout is similar on your 1996 then there is a Switch Otter ACU Fan Part No.UE43083 or UE43063 (poor photo copy) located on the thermostat housing. My Thermal Swith may have been damaged in prevoius ownership but yours may have just failed. Hope this adds to the info you are getting to resolve your problem.
Regard,
Clive

Les Horne
Unregistered guest
Posted on Monday, 26 July, 2010 - 20:42:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Thanks clive, That is very useful, I havnt had chance to start investigating yet but hope to make a start this week, sounds like a good place to start as I believe that until the sensor sees 44deg C and also sees the oil pressure switch opperate the air con etc does nothing.so i will go for that 1st. . many thanks and if you get any more tips I would be very greatfull// cheers Les

Paul Yorke
Grand Master

Post Number: 630
Posted on Tuesday, 27 July, 2010 - 16:10:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Les. remember there are 2 oil pressure switches, one for the warning light, one for air con plus.

Do the fans work on defrost?

Les Horne
Unregistered guest
Posted on Wednesday, 28 July, 2010 - 00:56:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

HI Paul. No the fans do not work at all, have cheched the fuses only at this stage (work commitments) I have noticed though that although nothing seems to work at all, when I move the temprature controls (upper and lower) there appears to be a very quiet delayed relay clich from the area of the controls , I am assuming that the control board is behind there somwhere, but the fact that there are (controled clics) from there sujests that the controle pcb is working to some degree, I didnt realise there wer two oil pressure switches, thats usefull info, do you know where they are located and also the temp switch, (it just saves me searching. ) thanks for the sujestions guys I realy do appreciate it.. Looking forward to spend a day of so sorting out these niggles.Best wishes..Les